I have spent 7 days in Yucatan for a diving-only break from work. Prior to my arrival I already gathered several information through a highly informative mail exchange with Scubaplaya - which I really appreciated and gave me a much clearer picture when reaching the site.
Once in Playa, I arranged the following:
- 1 whale shark snorkeling tour (no chance but not even any need of diving with Whale sharks with tours in Yucatan)
- 1 top discovery package comprising 6 dives (2 in playa, 2 in cozumel, 2 in cenotes)
- 1 night dive in playa
- 1 dive in Angelita cenote followed by 1 dive in Gran Cenote.
Beyond the quality of these dives (some are truly outstanding!), I write my review to confirm that my expeirence with Scuba Playa was excellent. I was there basically every single day and felt like part of the family!
Given my program, I had several dive masters / guides and these are my ratings on both land and water staff & service quality....:
- 5/5 for Professionalism, briefing & information skills of each and every diver guide I had
- 5/5 for customers' care, attention to detail and helpfullness
- 5/5 on friendliness
- 5/5 on equipment (most is brand new and all sizes are available)
- 5/5 on center's cleanliness, organization & faciltiies (these include: hot shower, pool to rinse the equipment, toilet, lockers for storage of valuables)
- 5/5 on the position: in the very centre of Playa...after a night dive, you can simply have a hot shower at the center and continue for a drink & bite on the beach ;) Moreover, being in between Tulum and Cancun, Playa is a perfect location if you want to do both whale shark spotting (up in Holbox / Mujeres islands) and the cenotes closer to Tulum (despite being very touristy, Playa is pretty safe and set with all comforts, including good yoga studios).
- 5/5 on freelancers: I dived with a certified cave diving trainer to visit cenotes and had a dedicated & high quality diving experience.
- 4/5 on scuba camera: better book it in advance if you really need it & if you are confident in using it in the selected dive sites...follow the staff advice on this..
- 4/5 on website updates: there are some great new diving guides that I did not see mentioned in ScubaPlaya website. Also, prices in low season were better than those published on the web. A little update could only add on to my positive opinion.
Note: prices for the cenotes are inclusive of entrance fees, transport (except ferry for Cozumel) and lunch.
Wrapping it all up: I bet there are many good & proficient diving operators in Playa, but from my own experience I am very happy to recommend ScubaPlaya. I'd surely go back to explore more sites!
Thank you guys for the great diving week!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.