14 people are viewing this hotel
$359
Free cancellation until 08/05/21
$359
Free cancellation until 08/06/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Traveluro
$699
$346
Expedia.com$359
Priceline$359
Lol.travel$699
1,594 results
All reviews lagoon side golf cart taco eco tour lagoon view suite ceviche banyan tree plunge pool breakfast buffet beach area kids club amazing property the entire property beach staff every staff member the entire staff riviera maya
Selected filters
Reviewed August 9, 2017

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Andaz
Lin S, Director General at Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

First the Andaz has a beautiful location with rivers flowing through mangroves shared by three or four other high end resorts. Shuttle boats between resorts are free and create a great symbiotic relationship with conveniently shared restaurants.
On site at he Andaz are 4 different restaurants, a spa with dry and wet sauna , hydrotherapy, and several treatment rooms. The resort is spread out with the Sanctuary ( reception) in the middle , then a lagoon side and a beach side. There are plenty of golf carts to get you around as well as bicycles for the more energetic folks. This creates a very spread out relaxed and tranquil environment verses the more dense concept of mid rise or high rise buildings with elevators and hallways. Those with children will appreciate the kids club on the lagoon side.
Gio Page and Stephanie at the reception are both very attentive and provided quality guest service and attention. We were quickly checked in and driven by golf cart on a nice tour then delivered to our suite where our luggage was already waiting for us.
The rooms and suites are fairly new and pristine , very Hyatt Andazesg.
Our only complaint and criticism was the AC in the bedroom was way too strong and and the lowest fan speed still created a hurricane effect which disturbed our sleep. This is very unacceptable for a 5 star resort. We attempted several times to have this looked at and corrected. Even though they sent an engineer ,they were not able to do anything, so I assume it is a design flaw or lack of proper maintenance personnel .
Overall a great resort and much more tranquil than the Grand Hyatt in Playacar or the Hyatt's in Cancun proper.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 317MartinL
Lin S, Director General at Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2017

Hola Martin L! Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed the uniqueness of the Mayakoba complex as well as our warm service and unique concept. I appreciate all your remarks and apologize for the AC inconvenience, our team is working on a permanent solution to this. We hope you give us another opportunity to improve on this last experience. Best regards, Lin Schatz.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

Great experience. Beautiful and peaceful hotel with amazingly friendly and sincere staff ... wish I could remember more names but Nadia and Paula at Milagro come to mind. Pool and beach are exquisite. Gym amazing. Tons of fun riding around on the Andaz bicycles.

Date of stay: July 2017
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
1  Thank Allan G
Lin S, Director General at Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Hola Allan G! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I appreciate you pointing out the outstanding service from Nadia and Paola, I will make sure to express my appreciation for all they do. We hope to welcome you back soon! Best regards, Lin Schatz.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

if you have time to travel this summer take advantage of the amazing prices at this resort ... because you will never see these prices ever again .... I have been to the Cancun area on vacation a dozen or more times and this was by far y best trip...real foo ...no time share presentation ... no one selling me beads by the pool for 100 dollars ... no swim up bar ... and no nyc'ers with boom boxes and tattoos ...just a one of a kind property that feels like a nature preserve ... stay beach side ...and if you can splurge a little stay on one on the suites on the ocean .. the have there own pools ... very romantic ... staff was amazing ...especially Sergio the boat captain ... while no one asked me for a tip while I was there ...please remember to bring cash to tip the cleaning people .. they make a little as 10 usd a day ... so if you leave them 10 -20 dollars a day for cleaning it really makes a difference ...

1  Thank FamilyGuy150

Hola FamilyGuy150! Thank you for sharing your amazing review. I appreciate you taking value in what our team does as well on our efforts to create unique experiences. I am very happy to see that you had such an amazing time and truly immersed yourself in our concept. I hope we get to welcome you back soon! Best regards, Lin Schatz.

Reviewed August 7, 2017

We arrived around noon and upgraded to a Bi-level room. The room wasn't ready yet so they put us in the room we had reserved beach side. Said the room wouldn't be ready till 5 or 6. Which was fine. At 6:30 no one had told us the room was ready. So we asked Carlos at Olle Ceviche to call about it for us. The room had been ready for sometime and no one let us know. We changed rooms and apparently I had left one of my bathing suits in the room. I figured this out when I got home. No one called to let me know about the bathing suit. The rooms are nicely decorated but not very comfortable seating. The beds are great. But as far as the furniture no. They need to put chaise lounges on the porchs where you have a private pool. I went in comparing this to Andaz Papagayo in Costa Rica. We have been there 2 times and I would go back in a second.

Beach service was non- existent. They served everyone around us and never asked us for anything. Also the pool beachside service was not there. They day we were at that pool, there were no towels or water. Again no one asked.

There were a couple of good things about this resort though. The pool Lagoon side was great. The staff was very attentive and friendly. The furniture around the pool was really comfortable and the food at both the restaurants there was outstanding.

I recommend the boat tour, very informative about the eco system there. Golf carts are a hit or miss thing.

2 people really stood out to me and that was Carlos and Wallie at Olle Ceviche. They remembered us and always had a smile. And took very good care of us.

The taco restaurant was always so hot and couldn't figure out why if they don't have air conditioning why can't they open those big sliding doors and let the ocean breeze in. The food there was great but so hot.

We did the Tulum tour which was wonderful. Our guide Miriam was exceptional. She knew everything there was to know about Tulum and Mayan culture. I highly recommend her.

With all this said we had a good time but not great like Andaz Costa Rica.

Room tip: Lagoon side is quiet and you get much better service.
3  Thank bluekemp

Hola bluekemp, thank you for rating your experience with us. I am disappointed to see that you has a less than perfect stay, I do appreciate all your comments and will review them with my team. Thank you for pointing our the amazing work that Carlos and Willie did, I will make sure to thank them. We are very proud to belong to the amazing international Andaz family and hope you give us a second chance to improve this past experience. Best regards, Lin Schatz.