14 people are viewing this hotel
$359
Free cancellation until 08/06/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hyatt.com
Expedia.com$359
Priceline$359
Lol.travel$699
1,594 results
All reviews lagoon side golf cart taco eco tour lagoon view suite ceviche banyan tree plunge pool breakfast buffet beach area kids club amazing property the entire property beach staff every staff member the entire staff riviera maya
Selected filters
Reviewed June 7, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Andaz with our 9 month old baby and it was absolutely amazing. The best part was the beach and the restaurants, especially Cocina Milagro, were beyond awesome. We dined once there and despite having restrictions on our diet we had such a delicious dinner (the salmon and red snapper are to die for). It was so good in fact that we came back the next night and had the nicest server ever, his name was Mario and honestly, we have never felt so special or looked after, ever. He made us feel as if we were guests in his own home and brought us extra onion bread because we complimented it just once, then later on brought the chef to meet us and gave us a complimentary dessert (carrot cake, can't say enough good things about how high quality all the food was!). My husband and I still talk about how we have never had such a pleasant dinner and how amazing Mexican hospitality is. We've never had service like that anywhere else!

We highly recommend the resort, its modern, new, the beach is awesome, the beachside menu is great and we found it was very stroller friendly too. Baby had a great time on the beach! It was just perfect, not over run with families and little kids, but also not that we were the only ones with a kid there. Just in between so that made it perfect.

We would love to go back someday just for the restaurants, even if we go to one of the other Mayakoba resorts we'll definitely go back here once for the food! Thank you to the management and to Mario especially - I never wrote reviews for anything but the kindness and excellent service we got from him was what compelled me to write this - thank you!

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Go714428
Lin S, Director General at Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2017

Hola! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am so glad to know that you enjoyed our talented culinary team's creations and that Mario was great with you and your family, I will make sure to pass along my appreciation for all their hard work. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon. Kind regards, Lin Schatz.

Reviewed June 4, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I are big fans of the Andaz hotels so this new one in playa del carmen was our obvious next vacation. We were nothing short of satisfied with our entire stay. From the art and the design to the food and staff, everything is top notch. The hotel is never crowded and it is always peaceful, which we love. Not too many kids, which we always love. It is located in Mayakoba - a gorgeous area with other hotels and residences and amazing wildlife. There are monkeys, coatis, anteaters, snakes, crocs, birds of all kinds and iguanas.

We stayed on the beach side of the hotel (there are two main areas: the lagoon side by the lobby and the beach side by the beach). Each has its own pools and has restaurants and bars so that's cool. And there are golf carts That take you wherever you need to go since the resort is so big.

It is about a 20 min taxi ride from downtown which was fine with us because it was only about $12USD and we prefer the quiet during the day that the andaz offered over the crazy day partying.

If you need anything ask for Uiilia - she is the best!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank jliznyz
Lin S, Director General at Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2017

Hola jliznyz! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am glad to see you enjoyed our unique concept and amazing natural surroundings. I will make sure to recognize Iulia's great work, thank you for mentioning her. We hope we welcome you back soon! Best regards, Lin Schatz.

Reviewed June 2, 2017 via mobile

The approach this establishment is taking with their staff is really quite refreshing- interaction is more relaxed & informal, which in turn creates more of an organic experience. Everyone we encountered was incredibly happy, helpful & eager to engage in conversation without being over the top.The grounds are gorgeous with a large lagoon separating the ocean front/beach rooms from the lagoon rooms. Both areas have nice large pools and golf carts(with drivers) & bikes are available to get to and from. We took the eco tour on the lagoon and were surprised by the diversity we saw with such a relatively new place. The tour itself is about 45min- I'd highly recommended it. Food was quite good, albeit pricey. All things considered I'd return in a heartbeat.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank KMTH_travels

Hola KMTH_travels! Thank you for sharing your review with us. I am very happy to read all about your great stay and appreciate you recommending our resort. We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back. Best regards, Lin Schatz.

Reviewed June 2, 2017

We had the best vacation ever at the Andaz Mayakoba. Everything about this resort is incredible. My best friend had stayed there and said it is the only place he wants to vacation now! The staff goes above and beyond any level of service I have ever experienced. One particular staff member (Jorge Chavez) took extra special care of us, organizing an incredible birthday celebration for my husband and my daughter, and made our stay a dream come true! The food was fabulous and the Cocina Milagro team was the best (Gustavo was the best! He treated my husband like a king, and we celebrated his birthday the entire week. Julio was amazing!). Every staff member here makes you feel like you are the most important guest they have ever had - the chefs, the front desk, the people driving the golf carts (Paul and Daniel - thank you!). My daughter was in Kimbo the kids club all week - Anahi, Alejandra and Carol - I can't thank you enough and the entire staff at Kimbo. I wasnt sure my daughter would even go for a few hours and she spent the entire week there with her new friends, making art projects, watching movies, learning Spanish! The gym was so amazing that we were excited to use it. We also spent time down at the beach and the DJ was awesome! The servers at all restaurants and on the beach and at the pool took great care of guests but gave you your space as well. The ecotour was so information and interesting we did it more than once. I can highly recommend this resort and I thank everyone there for one of the best weeks we have ever had!

Room tip: We stayed in a lagoon suite, which for us worked well as it was near Kimbo and the pools that had huge amazing fun floaties for daughter.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank rismor18

Hola rismor18! Thank you for sharing your review with us. Jorge, Gustavo, Julio, Paul, Daniel, Anahi, Alejandra and Carol are great additions to our team! I will let them how their hard work created a unique experience for you and your family and we are lucky to have them as part of our family. We look forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards, Lin Schatz.

Reviewed May 31, 2017

Honestly paradise. We enjoyed a week in an oceanside villa earlier this May and it was incredible. The staff at Kimbo kids club were fantastic, and my kids asked to go back day after day. I highly recommend the eco-tour, which was both educational (wildlife) but also entertaining (to see the other Mayakoba resorts from the lagoon). Many thanks to the various staff at the restaurants and golf cart drivers, poolside servers and of course the DJ.The resrot is well kept, despite being very large. Bikes are always available for riding to and from dinner, the gym, tennis courts etc. All in all a dream vacation. We hope to return to Andaz.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank CaraW56
Lin S, Director General at Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2017

Hola Cara W! Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am very glad to see that you had a great time, hopefully it will not be the last! Best regards, Lin Schatz.