“Small and friendly dive shop”

Playa Scuba Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: "Playa Scuba Dive Center" in downtown Playa del Carmen is a "Boutique Dive Center" run by the owner Klaus, offers small, personal dive trips exploring the exciting reefs in Playa del Carmen, or amazing coral structures in Cozumel and mystic dives in the crystal clear waters of sacred Mayan Cenotes. Shark diving with Bull sharks and Whale shark encounters are the specialty of Playa Scuba. Small groups of four scuba divers in Cenotes or up to five divers in Playa del Carmen or Cozumel reefs. PADI courses from Discover Scuba to Dive Master. Eco land tours to Chichen Itza, Tulum, Coba, Xcaret, Xel-Ha and Belize
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Vacaville
“Small and friendly dive shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

My husband and I decided to do our open water dive in Playa del Carmen on a referral. After reviewing lots of dive shops in the area, I picked Playa Scuba based on the reviews. The shop was very small and everyone was very friendly.

I was very scared about diving and our instructor, Enrique, was awesome. He was very patient with me and took the time to ensure I felt confident to complete the required skills. Our first two dives was me, my husband and Enrique, which was perfect. We were able to get most of our skills out of the way at that time. Our second two dives included the both of us, Enrique and three of our experienced diver friends. All enjoyed the drift dives and we got to see three turtles, which was very cool for this first time diver.

The small groups and extra attention to calm my nerves was appreciated. I would recommend Enrique and Playa Scuba to friends.

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Madrid, Spain
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Friendly and Professional Dive Center”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

My wife and I did the refreshing scuba diving course. Luis was our trilingual instructor.
In less than 2 hours we had the theorical and practical pool sessions.
When we went to the ocean, Alessandro,the owner, also came with us because my wife had suffered from ear problems before.
The total group was 5 and I felt relaxed knowing that Alessandro was helping my wife go thru the ear compensation process which was not easy at multiple divings we did on that day.
We really enjoyed and felt well taken care of.
These people enjoy they work and are very skilled.

1 Thank mauricio t
PlayaScubaDiveShop, Manager at Playa Scuba Dive Center, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
We. Really enjoyed diving with you.Hope to see you soon again
Yorba Linda, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great dives”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is a great crew, amazing amount of diving knowledge and happy to share with me. When you dive with them they take the time to show you the things other dive shops just rush over.

1 Thank Mel C
Thank you for the nice review this gives us strength to continue sharing our great dive sites with our friends
Bloomington, MN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Small shop but Experienced Top Notch service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Don't let the size of this small shop fool you. They have plenty of gear on hand or of course you can bring your own and I felt their prices were very reasonable. Everyone at this dive center is out to provide you the best experience possible and with a personal touch. No large groups here, just the two of us and our dive master. Our ocean drift dive was with Sunil who made sure I was in and out off the boat as quick as possible since I was getting sea sick. :(. You can contact them via email and Myriam is great at getting back to you right away which for me is huge when you're trying to organize something out of the country and have a lot of questions. Location is safe and you can clean and store your gear at the shop with confidence.

2 Thank TJ30
We had great fun diving with you thank you for your preference and trust us with your friends and relatives
Cumming, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cenotes just Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Klaus was really terrific. He led us on a great dive provided us with a ton of history regarding the peninsula and made us feel very comfortable and safe. I would highly recommend Playa Scuba.

1 Thank RRedecker
The Cenotes sacred maya caverns are the most unique and representative diving in the Yucatan Peninsula.I'm glad you let me share these cavern dives with you and trusted me with your life.
The Cenotes in the Playa del Carmen and Tulum area are my life exploring them and sharing them with you makes my life complete.Thank you for your preference and hope to see you and your friends soon again for some more adventure