“Dolphin Swim/Snorkel”

Maroma Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Catamaran Cruise with Lunch and Open Bar from...
Ranked #128 of 396 Tours in Playa del Carmen
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy paradise with Maroma Adventures! Welcome to Maroma Adventures, the most complete activity centre in Riviera Maya; where you can have fun in a camel-back tour, thrill in a high-speed wave runner, and swim with dolphins. Enjoy a relaxing cruise through the Caribbean in one of our Catamarans, or have a sea fishing experience in our fully equipped boats. In addition we count on an entire Beach Club, restaurant and ideal spots for celebrating events... All in the same place. Maroma Adventures is a marina within Riviera Maya, located at North Maroma, considered as one of the top ten most beautiful beaches in the world by Travel Channel.
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We did a double attraction and first went dolphin swimming where it was just the two of us in our own pool with two dolphins and two trainers. This was honestly the most amazing experience of my life. Definitely something I will never forget. After this we went out on a boat with one other couple and snorkled at two different reefs. I couldn't believe how few of us there were and it was so calming. Our leader showed us several different things including a stingray and starfish and also let us do our own thing. This was an amazingly calm and enjoyable adventure. Next time we come back we'll definitley use Maroma again! After both activities we enjoyed a complimentary lunch on the beach. Couldn't have asked for a better day.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,486)
All reviews
"the reefs"
in 22 reviews
"dolphin discovery"
in 14 reviews
"swimming with the dolphins"
in 18 reviews
"sea life"

Reviewed November 15, 2013

Our resort offered Maroma as one of our excursions, about 45 minutes bus ride from Cancun. Maroma Adventures were very professional, accommodating, and concerned with our safety. They took us out on a catamaran and set us out about a 1/4 mile from the shore. The reef was not deep and manageable for us and our 10 and 6 yr old boys. They provide everything from booze & water, snorkel equipment (masks, tubes and fins) and flotation devices; which we discovered later you did not have to use if you chose not to. For those with peanut bladders and or young children, have no fear there is a toilet on board. They would also alert us to various under water creatures and even brought up a sea urchin to show us. The sand on the beach of amazingly soft and silky. Next to the beach we were on was an inlet on a private beach. We didn't lay out on it but did in enjoy more snorkeling in the calm waters. We saw large crabs and many fish. Because it was on a sand bar it was very easy and safe for our kids to enjoy. They also served up a good buffet lunch as part of our excursion, although specialty drinks/alcohol/dessert were not included. Plenty of water was available though and good beach side service. Great day and fun time was had by all. Plan on coming again.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

4 Of us did the ATV/Waverunner combo
I was actually expecting to be bored after seeing that we would have to "follow a guide"
But the guides didn't hold back, especially with the waverunner. Great time with my family.
As an added benefit... saw a large python off the ATV path... what a treat!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Visited here October 11, 2013. Went on catamaran snorkeling trip and did wave runners after. Trip was very enjoyable, beautiful fish and crystal clear blue water! Did the spinnaker off the boat, very cool! Had delicious buffet lunch upon our return! Great day!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We had some problems getting to the site - Lomas was great but I think the shuttle forgot to pick us up so we got to the site we were late and they seemed a little unhappy with us. We waited around a long time after we arrived and the people at the desk were not so nice at first - once they saw we were unhappy they got a little better.
The guide for the ATV was nice enough but be aware they do not tell you to wear closed toed shoes until you arrive - to late. I probably should have realized but have never been on ATV's before. I rode with my husband and our machine's breaks were not working correctly - one was actually missing! My husband told them when we got back but they did not seemed to be concerned and showed that they were working by pulling the machine forward? Made no sense to us. We were told we would see gators, birds, monkey and deer - we saw one gator which my husband is convinced was fake - I think it was real. The other side of the tour was on the beach and that was fun but this site has tons of things to do so if I were to go back I would skip the ATV and do one of the other things.
We also did the little speed boats. They were fun (not really my thing) but the guide was extremely nice and accommodating to what we wanted to do. The boats were in good condition and the help was very good about explaining how to get in & out of boats and what to do when we were out.
The tour comes with soft drinks and chips and there is a restaurant there. You could sign up for several things and have lunch or dinner there - make a whole day of it.
I would recommend it but not the ATV's.