“Nice Place but skip the ATV's”
Review of Maroma Adventures

and up
Horseback Riding Adventure from Cancun, Riviera Maya or Tulum
Ranked #64 of 383 Tours in Playa del Carmen
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy paradise with Maroma Adventures! Welcome to Maroma Adventures, the most complete activity centre in Riviera Maya; where you can have fun in a camel-back tour, thrill in a high-speed wave runner, and swim with dolphins. Enjoy a relaxing cruise through the Caribbean in one of our Catamarans, or have a sea fishing experience in our fully equipped boats. In addition we count on an entire Beach Club, restaurant and ideal spots for celebrating events... All in the same place. Maroma Adventures is a marina within Riviera Maya, located at North Maroma, considered as one of the top ten most beautiful beaches in the world by Travel Channel.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We had some problems getting to the site - Lomas was great but I think the shuttle forgot to pick us up so we got to the site we were late and they seemed a little unhappy with us. We waited around a long time after we arrived and the people at the desk were not so nice at first - once they saw we were unhappy they got a little better.
The guide for the ATV was nice enough but be aware they do not tell you to wear closed toed shoes until you arrive - to late. I probably should have realized but have never been on ATV's before. I rode with my husband and our machine's breaks were not working correctly - one was actually missing! My husband told them when we got back but they did not seemed to be concerned and showed that they were working by pulling the machine forward? Made no sense to us. We were told we would see gators, birds, monkey and deer - we saw one gator which my husband is convinced was fake - I think it was real. The other side of the tour was on the beach and that was fun but this site has tons of things to do so if I were to go back I would skip the ATV and do one of the other things.
We also did the little speed boats. They were fun (not really my thing) but the guide was extremely nice and accommodating to what we wanted to do. The boats were in good condition and the help was very good about explaining how to get in & out of boats and what to do when we were out.
The tour comes with soft drinks and chips and there is a restaurant there. You could sign up for several things and have lunch or dinner there - make a whole day of it.
I would recommend it but not the ATV's.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,456)

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Excellent trip with Pelicano 01 this morning. Captain Pantoja and his crew were great, especially when it transpires my sea legs are not as good as I thought! A whole bunch of great fish caught including red snapper and ' one that tastes like grouper...' Would highly recommend this trip and these guys are great.

1  Thank Elizabeth M
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I scheduled a parasailing excursion with Maroma Adventures for Tuesday, October 8th. When on the phone, scheduling this event, we were told that we would be in the air parasailing for 10-12 minutes each. In actuality, I was up for about 8 minutes and my husband was up for about 7 minutes (we had to go separately because there wasn't much wind that day, which was completely fine by us & yes, I timed it because I wanted to make sure we got what we were sold when we booked this). We both loved the parasailing. The issue with us was that we weren't in the air for nearly as long as we were told and we paid $66 each to do this. The captain of the boat spoke zero English and we don't speak Spanish, so we tipped him $10 at the end and then went to speak to a manager at Maroma Adventures about the short "in the air time". The manager wanted to make it right with us and said that the owner of the boat would take us out again and make up the shortened time. Here is where things went totally south. The manager took us out to where the boat was docked and explained to the captain in Spanish what the expectation was and how we were both shorted on time. The captain had an absolute meltdown in front of us, yelling in Spanish and pointing his fingers at us in a disapproving manner. Up to the point, we hadn't been upset with the captain in the least. We even tried to explain to the manager that we had tipped him and loved the parasailing but were disappointed that our time was shortened and we thought $66 each for 7-8 minutes each wasn't fair or what was sold to us, when we booked the excursion. This arguing, between the manager and captain of the boat, went on for several minutes. It ended with the captain refusing to take us out again. Another manager got involved and about 30-40 or so minutes later, the captain had reluctantly agreed to take us out again and make up the time. By this time, it was around noon, and we had to be checked out of our hotel by 1 PM. Now we not only didn't have time to do a "make-up" session, we weren't about to get back on that boat with an angry and hostile captain. It really put a damper on the last thing we did in Playa and we were very disappointed in the captain and also Maroma Adventures for not discounting our parasailing adventure.

1  Thank Britt0n1997
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I rate it as average only because there is good infrastructure and because I think we were simply looking for something else. The place is not calm at all, full of motor boats for snorkeling, yachts for fishing and wave runners/Jet skis. We expected a relaxed place with an amazingly beautiful beach, we got some ok beach areas with noise and not such a clean ocean because of the amount of motor boats. the worst was the "federal beach", dirty full of trash, dead fishes on the beach, that part was horrible. And about service, ok, but not great, especially considering that the waiters had time to play beach volleyball rather than asking if we needed anything else. The only good thing, the infrastructure. If you want motor boats, maybe you'll like it, but I am sure that there are better places with the same activities and infrastructure

1  Thank smashing79
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We went on the Catamaran for a snorkeling tour and really enjoyed it. 2 spots, 45 minutes each. Great reef, tons of fish. Crew was awesome. They were very helpful and had a great attitude. Gave everyone an opportunity to use their spinnaker on the ride back. Didn't go for it myself but those that did had fun. Some confusion over the vans on the way back to Cancun. Staff that was in charge appeared somewhat disorganized but we made it back OK. Took quite awhile. Thought this tour would be half day but it turned into a full day.The photographer was awesome. I never usually buy the pictures but these were definitely worth it.