“scuba review”

and up
Horseback Riding Adventure from Cancun, Riviera Maya or Tulum
Ranked #61 of 375 Tours in Playa del Carmen
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy paradise with Maroma Adventures! Welcome to Maroma Adventures, the most complete activity centre in Riviera Maya; where you can have fun in a camel-back tour, thrill in a high-speed wave runner, and swim with dolphins. Enjoy a relaxing cruise through the Caribbean in one of our Catamarans, or have a sea fishing experience in our fully equipped boats. In addition we count on an entire Beach Club, restaurant and ideal spots for celebrating events... All in the same place. Maroma Adventures is a marina within Riviera Maya, located at North Maroma, considered as one of the top ten most beautiful beaches in the world by Travel Channel.
Kent
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“scuba review”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The Diving was excelent with a one 2 one with the instructor. You pay 2 dollars to enter a Conservation Area/Park which includes the reef as well. Between dives whilst kitting up before the second dive, we had to move the boat out of the way of a Sports Fishing Boat which was trawling 7 fishing rods with lines and lures. I asked what was the 2 dollars was used for, I got a shrug of the shoulders and an intimation that it went into someones pocket and NOT to protect the reef. These boat should be at least 2 miles + out in deep water, NOT inshore and right on top of the reef. The fact that I had hauled my gear from the UK and from El Dorado Casitas Royale which took 2 hours to get there because of pick ups from 8 or 10 other hotels. ( this could have been overcome by taxi at 20$ a pop) I only dived the twice because of it was not policed by any protection vessel or even a given any understanding between the dive centre to the Sports Fishing boat people. Lets face it it departs from the same jetty! The damage done to the destruction of the reef let alone lack of fish is criminal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won't be diving there anytime soon.

1 Thank GJLKent
MaromaAdventures, Community Manager at Maroma Adventures, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced regarding your scuba diving tour.
Maroma Adventures finds your comments highly concerning in order to provide the best resolution could you give us your email address in order to follow up properly.
As evidence of our striving for perfection, we have taken steps to ensure this never happens again by strong actions to enrich the satisfaction that we offer our customers.
We deeply appreciate your relationship with Maroma adventures and are committed to providing the highest level of service.

Hickory, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Awesome fun”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I was terrified of parasailing and I tend to get motion sickness. I had told the boat pilot and it was an awesome experience. The parasailing was very smooth, easy, no sudden jerking movements. One of the best experiences. We rented wave runners and had a blast. Over al, it was a wonderful experience. Everyone was great!!!

Baytown, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“RIP OFF FISHING TRIP!!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

While in Cancun on first week of July i decided to try the deep sea fishing experience. Things seemed great although water was pretty rough we rigged in about 5 barracudas and a Blue marlin which we had to release if no one wanted to mount it. Like the other fishing reviews say they put extreme pressure "TROPHY FISH MY FRIEND TROPHY FISH" and kept asking if I wanted to mount it. This was my first big fish and almost gave in but I also have other priorities. Although half of us got sea sick being that the waters where really rough we survived and tried to enjoy the trip. I thought it was a bit suspicious that we had to take pictures before we got to the marina. and they kept putting pressure on big tips! What really did it was when we got off the boat there was a lady there rushing us to get back to our transportation and when I asked her where do I get my fish fillet she said that I could not because barracuda was not a fish you could eat. I told the lady Ive had barracuda before and she continued on how dirty the fish is and could have disease and said it had to be thrown back in the water which was ridiculous I told her the fish is DEAD!!! If that was the case they would warn you ahead of time and release the fish. I had to rush back to my shuttle where I see another guy with a bag of fillet fish and asked what kind of fish it was and he said barracuda, I felt ripped off. I have a feeling there is a scam going on, they make you fish pay for all their expenses and probably sell the fish to a market or either keep the fish. It was very disappointing and felt helpless.

2 Thank Jose T
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced regarding your fishing trip.

If you have questions or comments about this topic, feel free to talk to us in sales@maromaparadise.com favor.
Danvers, Massachusetts, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Awesome SCUBA diving”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

New to SCUDA diving, recently PADI certified, and did not know what to expect. I'm a Boston boy and only expeciance was cold water diving. WOW, Mexico's great reef is exactly what all the hype is all about and Maroma knows how to showcase it. Only 2 of us plus dive master Francois on the trip, so we got spoiled. Francois was excellent, pointing to all the awesome sea life that I was not expecting to see. Tons of pictures and video. He let us take our leasure time to explore and we dove at our own pace. He was excellent to explain all the safety precautions and checking our air supply to assure we got the max out of the dives. We were even set up with GPS in case we got lost out there. Imagine. Explored two different dive sites, so made it very interesting, the corner and the brain, so cool. Recommend to all! Excellent and can't wait to return for more!

Visited June 2013
San Francisco, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Maroma Adventures”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I did a three activity tour, which was about eight hours long in total. It included ATV, Waverunner, & Snorkeling. Everything was great. However, I suggest they put some thought into the sequence of activities and clothing required. It made no sense to go snorkeling first, get dressed to have lunch, and then put on the wet cloths to do the waverunner. Also, photos were kind of expensive. I suggest tourist negotiate aggressively because other tours charged 30-40% less for the same quality of photos. Try to pay between $30-$40 US for all photos. Overall, I was happy! I traveled alone, and I'm a single lady in my 30's. All the guys were gentlemen.

Visited June 2013