I have only been to an all-inclusive once before (in Cuba). I'm not a big fan of them but being a single mom with two young boys (6 and 4 years old), I felt I desperately needed a "day off" from the cooking and cleaning & a bit of adult time. I also had additional reservations as my eldest son has allergies to peanuts and tree nuts and I was concerned about the typical buffet all inclusive menu.
I read about Azul Fives and liked the fact that you could order a la carte and the reviews of the food were good. I managed to contact the General Manager Mr. Mathieu to ask him how the restaurants and staff handle allergy requests. He was extremely accommodating and even put me in contact with his chief concierge Ana Vallejo, so that I would be received by the Executive Chef Mr. Nachón and their F&B Manager Mr. Jose Luis Piz. Mr. Nachón and Mr. Piz greeted us at the lobby upon check in and took great care to listen to my concerns. I offered to give them advanced notice of where we would like to dine for the week and also what my son could eat off the menu and they made sure everything was dialed in for us (we were one of first reservations so they made sure grill was cleaned and no cross contamination etc..). I have to say that I was extremely comforted to know that I would not have to worry about my sons allergies.
We had a great room in building 14, off of the pool. Great to have the view but also the lounge chairs to hang wet suits and such. Joselito cleaned our room impeccably and we were always pleasantly surprised by his fun towel animals he left for us on our beds.
My sister and I spent the mornings at the beach/pool doing yoga, volleyball, water aerobics..The pool butlers Luis and Andres were great, really nice people and it was nice to see their smiling faces every day. Jorge (GI), was great at animating the crowd and my son fell in love with him when he put him on his shoulders. He knew us all by name and did his best to rally us to join the activities. All the servers were really pleasant, would always answer my "Thank You's" with "With Pleasure".
Sandra and Erica at the Azulitto's Kids Club were great and extremely accommodating to both me and my sons. The gym was a hit and Sandra does a great job at animating the kids club with fun activities like making guacamole, having tea parties, making cookies...
Orlando at Flavours and Sea Olive was our favourite server. We would seek him out. He was so kind to us and always looking out for my son and his allergies.
Rodrigo at the coffee bar was great fun as well and super accommodating.
In addition to the activities on the beach, my sister took tennis lessons and I used the gym and had a massage on the beach. My sister had a great time and learned a lot and I thought the staff did a good job at keeping the gym clean and door-free. Rosario my masseuse was great and super sweet.
I brought a box of cereal with me to help with the wake-up hunger pangs, to ward off my 'hangry' sons before making it to Flavours in the morning. I would wake up and order room service for milk and some croissants first thing. Room service usually said they would be 20 to 30 m and they were always on time which I appreciated.
The grounds are kept beautifully. The food was very good, (although my sister wasn't a fan of the Italian restaurant as food was very salty). For me, the whole experience was amazing and I would highly recommend Azul Fives for the resort, the friendliness and professionalism of the staff, the range of activities, and their attention to detail in responding to my out-of-the-ordinary requests regarding my sons allergies.
I have to say that the staff mentioned above really made our vacation the best it could have possible been. I would be interested in knowing what types of employee incentives or rewards are given to the staff as they are the face of the resort and surely deserve to be recognized for their hard work and dedication.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 10 minutes from charming Playa del Carmen, Azul Fives Hotel is noted for enormous suites designed for families and friends with up to three bedrooms with rooftop decks. Activities and special experiences foster togetherness for families, couples and groups of friends. The 360-suite hotel offers the renowned Gourmet Inclusive® concept, as well as flexible meal plan options to suit all agendas. Private barbecues highlight family activities, and the Kid’s Club sponsored by Fisher-Price® caters to children. Rooftop Weddings inspire soon-to-be-married couples. The 24-hour room service and full-service concierge ensure memorable vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa Del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Fives By Karisma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa Del Carmen Riviera Maya, Mexico