Just returned and thought I would post this after all of the up and down reviews I viewed prior to our stay.
This hotel is basically an upscale hotel that is for families. So please be prepared is you do not have little ones--as there were a bunch when we went.
Restaurants- We had good food and service at all of the restaurants. No long waits and only the Italian required reservations. The buffet breakfast had very good selections.
Pool- Infinity pool by the beach was nice and service was very good.
Room- Our deluxe room was above average. No tub and lighting in the room was substandard. There are no king beds in any of the deluxe rooms. These rooms are sort of a suite that can be split up to make 1-3 bedroom suites or just individual rooms. Each room is located within an exterior door that accesses all 3 rooms.
Entertainment-The nightly shows were good and entertaining and were worth seeing.
Location-About 40 minutes from Cancun airport. Taxi to Playa del Carmen about 20-25 minutes and $15. Nothing really close to the hotel.
Overall rating-I cannot say I would rate this a hotel a 5 star. Probably borders on a 4 star. It was expensive for a borderline 4 star hotel.
The reviews that I saw before concerned me but from what I saw/experienced the hotel either fixed the service problems or people just can't be pleased. If you are looking for a couples place--this is not it. This is for families. Don't get me wrong my experience was not bad. In fact I would say it was good but for the price and the fact that there are alot of crying kids I will not go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 10 minutes from charming Playa del Carmen, Azul Fives Hotel is noted for enormous suites designed for families and friends with up to three bedrooms with rooftop decks. Activities and special experiences foster togetherness for families, couples and groups of friends. The 360-suite hotel offers the renowned Gourmet Inclusive® concept, as well as flexible meal plan options to suit all agendas. Private barbecues highlight family activities, and the Kid’s Club sponsored by Fisher-Price® caters to children. Rooftop Weddings inspire soon-to-be-married couples. The 24-hour room service and full-service concierge ensure memorable vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa Del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Fives By Karisma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa Del Carmen Riviera Maya, Mexico