The Fives Azul Beach Resort Playa Del Carmen
$227
$191
$587
  • Breakfast included
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
$297
$217
Barcelo.com
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
$385
$240
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
$401
$289
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
$1,434
$726
Bookit.com
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
$438
$472
$973
$450
8,125 results
All reviewsgin barla brasserieinfinity pooloka sushiflavours restaurantessence sectionbedroom sky suitesea oliveprestige memberspool butlersthe cantinaspider monkeysroom servicekids clubgourmet inclusivefull kitchenpoolside grill
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Azul Fives was AWESOME!! The staff was exceptional.. no matter where you went everyone was extremely friendly always saying "hola or como estas".. or pointing you in whatever direction you needed to go.. sometimes even picking you up on golf cars and taking you there yours selves. Special shout out to the employees of the Breeze pool bar Santiago, Cesar, Arely, Alexander,Ramon, Domingo, Jack, Abraham. They made and served the most amazing drinks. I am celiac and could only drink certain types of alcohol... they would adapt any drink recipe to suit the alcohol i could have as well as create amazing new ones i'd never had.. ( or even thought i could have) Also the sky bar staff was amazing, Azucena was a real sweetheart... very patient even with some unruly guests. Some days she even started out at the pool bar and worked the night at the sky bar! David, the bar supervisor was awesome!! Very friendly and very accomodating. We loved to joke around with him. He is a great representive for Azul.The restaurants were very good. Being a celiac I knew I would be very limited in food options on vacation. Prior to our arrival we emailed the chef and he assured me there would be plenty of options. When I got there my room key (which you show the restaurants at each meal) had "allergica gluten" written right on it.. so even the staff members that spoke little english would understand and find someone who could come talk to me. Even eatting at the buffet wasnt as bad as i thought. Someone would always show me what was okay for me, and anything that risked cross contamination with any gluten, they would prepare fresh for me in the kitchen. Huge shout out to Jan Paul... any meal questions or complications we had he would go speak to the kitchen staff directly. One night the waiter was unsure of what desert i could have so he brought me cut up fruit, which was just fine..... minutes later Jan Paul showed up with 3 different types of ice cream and chocolate dipped strawberries. It was greatly appreciated as im used to usually going without to avoid gluten contamination. Enrique from concierge was amazing too.. always willing to help. The entertainment/pool area staff were a lot of fun. There were always activities to do, such as water polo, beach volleyball, trivia, pool darts, water aerobics and my favorites spanish lessons and dance lessons. Eliser and Jorge(Eduardo) were awesome spanish teachers very patient and would teach us whatever we wanted to learn... Hilario was a great dance teacher... sometimes just to get us to participate he would host the lesson wherever we chose.. one day we even had it in the shallow part of the pool, and another day on the beach. He also did most the announcing for the evening shows.. these included mexican night, fire show, michael jackson,casino night, street dance etc. Karen was a lot of fun and very bubbly and Daniela, although I only met her the one day was fun and an encouraging dance instructor. The only down fall to this hotel was that for people around my age there isn't a lot of night life, but the staff would stay for a while and dance with us and we met many people that would stay till the closing of the sky bar with us. It is very close to Playa del carmen, so we could also go to the nightclubs there so all in all this wasnt a big deal. Beds could have been a bit more comfortable, but for as much time as we spent there it really didnt matter. The rooms were beautiful and huge. we had a 2 bedroom suite and it was more space than we ever needed, which was awesome.. occasionally we would see monkeys along the pathway to the pool. Very cool. Can't wait to go back!!! Best vacation of my life!! Would recommend azul fives to anyone looking for a great place to stay with awesome staff. So sad to go home!

Room Tip: When we looked into it the price of 2 regular rooms was the same as one 2 bedroom suite. We loved the sweet.... 3 bathrooms and a kitchen and living room. It was huge and my sister and I had our own room and our own beds.
4  Thank Caitlan H
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We just returned from a 10 days stay at Azul Fives and I am ready to go back! It is a very nice, quite resort wise exceptional service. I want to say a big Thank You to a guys at concierge service (Ana Karen, Javier) and guys at Italian and Mediterranean restaurants. They did absolutely everything to make our stay a very memorable vacation. Very nice resort for a family.

Room Tip: Beach in front of the hotel is very rocky, but there is a very nice swimming area just 5 minutes to the left.
1  Thank apmn-73
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Had the most fun at this resort, They have the most Talented and fun staff that make your experience exceptional!~
The Infinity Pool Bar Tenders made me the most amazing drinks that I have ever had, I totally recommend trying Cesar's Raspberry Mojito and Santiago's Mango Tango's...don't be afraid to let them make you a surprise drink, there were so many that I loved but I can't recall the names.Their talent is truly represented in their creations. They are both very talented, welcoming and entertaining..great sense of humor, great people, totally enjoyed chatting and trying out the wide selection of slushy drinks. Our waitress Arely, and waiters Domingo, Alexander, Jack, Raymon and Abraham gave excellent service, you are never without a drink and they were always smiling...truly great people to represent Azul Fives.This bar staff gets my very highest recommendations.
The reason we booked this resort originally was their reputation for gluten free options for my daughter who is Celiac. We emailed the chief prior to our departure and promptly received a reply reassuring us that she would have gluten free options. Janpual went out of his way to ensure her food was prepared separately and often made recommendations to her on how menu items could be made gluten free. He was extremely helpful and took away any worries about her diet restrictions. The Italian restaurant upstairs serves gluten free pasta and bread, the restaurant downstairs made her several delicious gluten free meals and the staff a Flavors, (special mention for Tino who helped with translations) cooked her food seperatly and she was still able to enjoy the rest of the buffet. She even enjoyed the burgers at the pool restaurant...minus the bun of course.
Never a dull moment from the Entertainment staff David, Karen, Jorge, Eliser
They are always good to involve all the guest in some Volleyball, soccer, Spanish Lessons, Salsa dancing, water aerobics and of course getting the party going in the Sky Bar. Very friendly and encouraging people, totally recommend taking part in something you won't be disappointed..they have a way of making things more fun than you can imagine. Those of you with small children from what I saw they are exceptional with children and make extra efforts to involve them in all activities.
Enrique from Concierge was extremely helpful in showing us around on our first day..just a bit confusing when you first arrive, he was extremely helpful .
Over all best Holiday I've ever had...would totally consider visiting Azul Fives again, not only for the beautiful view and beautiful rooms but mostly because of their exceptional staff!

Room Tip: If you have a family I recommend a suite, Sleeping quarters are seperate and the kitchen livingroom space if wonderful, I personally enjoyed the main floor on building 3 although its a bit of a hike to the pool,
4  Thank cchunter4
Reviewed January 19, 2013

***This Resort Is great for Individuals that are Celiac or have allergies

PLEASE Ignore any negative comments people say about this resort I can honestly Say my week at Azul Fives is the BEST holiday I have had, and it was 99% because of the absolutely incredible staff. We were greeted with champagne and cold towels, got to our room and it was a beautiful two bedroom suite with 3 bathrooms, a kitchen, living room, and fairly comfortable beds. We did not spend much time in the room but it was really nice, anything we needed wed call reception and they’d have someone there in minutes. This resort is really family oriented but that doesn’t mean it is a bad place to be if you are not with a family. They still have a lot to do.

Pool/pool bar- This Resort has a few great pools but I spend almost my entire trip in the infinity pool at the pool bar. The Staff is absolutely incredible here. They made our trip so much better. Always entertaining, and Cesar and Santiago make the best drinks out of anywhere on the resort. Santiagos Signiture drink was so good, and Cesar made Rasberry Mojitos that should be on the menu..AMAZING, he is so talented. They were so good about making drinks for my sister who’s celiac and can only have certain types of alcohol they are so amazing! The view from the pool was beautiful, there were plenty of chairs on the beach and by the pool so sit by. And Arely, Alexander, and Domingo were amazing for brining you drinks right to your chair. I seriously think all these staff members also including Ramon, Jack, and Abraham should be recognized for how amazing they were and how great they made our trip. I cannot thank them enough for making our week, we had many laughs..And we will always consider them our friends! Thank you all for your hard work, the many laughs and the time you took for us! I miss you all already.

Beach- Yes the beach is rocky, but to be honest with you I didn’t miss swimming in the ocean because the infinity pool is right on the beach, and we could still sit on the beach and swim, and if you really want to swim in the ocean you walk a little ways to the left of the resort and there’s a perfect spot.
It has one of the most beautiful views I have ever seen. And I wouldn’t want to change location at all!!

Sky Bar- The entertainment at the sky bar was great! I suggest you make sure you see the Michael Jackson, fire, and street dance shows..These were my favorite. This hotel does not have a lot of night life, the club was pretty quiet after 11, but the staff are so good at still making it a great place to be at night
Azucena and Leslie were so much fun, and very quick at getting your drinks. Honestly I wouldn’t let the lack of night life discourage you from booking here, Playa Del Carmen is like a 15$ cab ride away and they have deals for ladies night where it’s free entry/drinks and its completely safe to be there at night! David Also made our stay so great! He was always checking in to see how things were and was a lot of fun. we really appreciate him!
It is a very fun place to go.

Day Time entertainment- This resort has a ton of stuff going on during the day yoga, stretching, dance classes, Spanish lessons, beach volley ball, water aerobics, games, they have a kids club that I heard from people with kids was great, there is always something going on and the entertainment staff is the BEST I have seen at an all inclusive resort! Jorge (Eduardo), Karen, Eliser, Edger and the rest of the entertainment staff were AMAZING. the whole team deserves a lot of credit They made the daytime activities super fun and the night time shows even better.. I really appreciated their effort. They included as many people as they possibly could and are fantastic at their jobs.

Restaurants- All the food at this resort is amazing, i have been to a few all inclusive and this was the first one i have been to that i did not get sick from the food, i never felt gross after eating! The food was FANTASTIC. Very impressed!
Flavors was good for breakfast, fresh fruit, and lots of choices.
SEA OLIVE- MEDITERRANEAN- pretty good food, good service..takes a little longer so only ate here for supper, Dessert is amazing here.
TSUKI- PACIFIC RIM CUISINE- Great Salmon, Shrimp, And Calamari ...so good!
AREZZO – ITALIAN- Favorite food here was the seafood
ORIOLA BEACH CLUB GRILL- Ate here every day for lunch was really good food! And right on the beach!
Health bar- SO GOOD! Really recommend you try these healthy smoothies! Great for breakfast!

Allergies- This resort is INCREDIBLE, if you have any sort of allergy this is a Great place for you.
My sister is a celiac and was concerned about what she would eat. This hotel gives each person a room card when you check in. And on hers it stated she was celiac and all she had to do was show it at the restaurant and they would go find out a bunch of options she could have for dinner, they had gluten free pasta and bread, muffins, chicken, desserts... she wasn’t limited to eating the same thing every day.
And actually we really appreciated Janpaul who would go above and beyond to find her special meals, he even came out with a dessert plate full of stuff for her. Anytime we had questions he was there to help. His effort was very much appreciated. Enrique was also very helpful, the first night we got there he showed up where to go, and answered any questions we had. Really appreciated all of the help, made my sister more comfortable that she didn’t need to worry about cross contamination.

I will be back for sure, as soon as I possibly can. I am so grateful for everyone at this resort.
I have never been so satisfied with the service, I truly had an experience of a lifetime and I Highly recommend this hotel if you get the chance to visit Thank you Azul Fives, I have only been home a day and I am ready to come back already.

-Jayme Hunter

Room Tip: All the rooms are amazing. None are right on the beach but its like a two minute walk because its a smaller resort so i dont think it matters. We were in Villa 3 and it was great. Convient to get to anywhere. and if you walk to the beach in the morning around 8-9 the monkeys are playing outside in the trees!
2  Thank JaymeH13
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We just returned from the most amazing time in Playa del Carmen. We stayed at Azul Fives because we heard so many wonderful things about the resort and also read great reviews here on Trip Advisor. The service staff at Azul Fives was very attentive and handled any requests in a professional and timely manner. Check-in and Check-out were a breeze! We also enjoyed the variety of restaurants available on-site. There are so many fun things to do at the resort like beach volleyball, water aerobics and tennis to playing checkers or chess on a life size board in the yard area. While we didn't vacation with children it appeared the set up for a family and children activities seemed quite impressive. We loved the name set aside for the little ones "Azulitos" I would definitely recommend this for a place to stay

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple