From the blue champagne and cold towels we were greeted with to the ease of the checkout, this vacation was wonderful from beginning to end. The a la carte restaurants were gourmet, and the food always cooked to perfection. Orland at Tsuki was one of our favourite waiters and actually all wait staff were prompt and so attentive. The pool is not heated, but many in the Mayan are not, but was not cold. Very refreshing. The pool butler Sergio was so friendly each day and the complimentary suntan lotion was welcome after we ran out. You can also sign out footballs and volleyballs to play with on the beach or pool.
Any issue we had with housekeeping (minor such as not enough towels) was dealt with very quickly.
We traveled with two teenagers and they made limited use of the teen club - I think they were the only teens there!
In the first week of January, the resort was mostly families with young children, so if you a single or couple, be warned. The shows were great each evening, but the Zky bar usually cleared out after - which is fine cause we were always pooped from our day in the hot hot sun.
Also, if you are a beach person (meaning you like to play in the waves) you do have to walk down the beach to find a suitable area to enter. I believe the resport has a permit to rectify this in the future. They were also installing an elevator to make the second floor Zky Bar and third floor Aerrezo Restuarant handicap accessible.
The two bedroom penthouse was an absolute delight. Two full bathrooms and two half baths, comfortable beds, large balcony and then the rooftop patio area was phenomenal. Perfect for families and tons of room to spread out. After staying in this room, I may be hard pressed to find another room like this at a different resort in the future.
I would highly recommend this resort to anyone that is travelling with their family. Friendly staff (the fruit kebabs served by the pool were amazing), great food, beautiful grounds make it a five star for me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 10 minutes from charming Playa del Carmen, Azul Fives Hotel is noted for enormous suites designed for families and friends with up to three bedrooms with rooftop decks. Activities and special experiences foster togetherness for families, couples and groups of friends. The 360-suite hotel offers the renowned Gourmet Inclusive® concept, as well as flexible meal plan options to suit all agendas. Private barbecues highlight family activities, and the Kid’s Club sponsored by Fisher-Price® caters to children. Rooftop Weddings inspire soon-to-be-married couples. The 24-hour room service and full-service concierge ensure memorable vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa Del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Fives By Karisma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa Del Carmen Riviera Maya, Mexico