My husband, nine year old daughter and I stayed at Azul Fives the first week of April. We had an amazing time. Absolutely no complantes about the quality of food, service, activities, spa, pools, kids club, etc. The staff were amazing! Extremely friendly, helpful and definelty hard working. We do agree thay you can't get anywhere with the lobby staff, but in reality, it's no different than any other resort we have been to. I have read MANY of the reviews before and after our trip. Anyone who has a complant about this resort have set their expectations too high. I agree that this is a conservative five star, but you get what you pay for. Also, as always, you get more with honey than with vineger.
Spa:My husband and daughter treated me to a massge at the spa. Wow! What an experience. it was the best massage I have ever had. Yes, it is expensive but definelty worth it! Thanks Alex!!! I recommend going early to take atvantage of the steam room, sauna, hot and cold tubs and rain showers.
Pool: wonderful! The infinity pool is beautiful. It is the more active pool and gets very busy in the afternoon. Thats when we would go to the other pools. It is nice to get a drink and walk around the winding pools. A good way to cool off, relax and socialize. Pleanty of chairs around the pools and at the Beach. We would walk down ealrt in the morning to reserve chairs so we could pick a good location for the day. A couple of days we got the beach beds. My daughter loved them. The beach staff were great! It is certainly a long hot day for them! The pool bar staff are fun, fast and will make anything you want! We loved the Mango Daiquiri, Mojhito, purlple rain and my vavourite Mimosa. A special Hi to Ali!
Beach: Beautiful! we enjoyed walking on the beach at least twice a day and playing in the waves. We just walked to the left and few hundred feet to get away from the rocks.
Restaurants: We never had a bad meal, poor service or long waits. I liked them all. A special thanks to Gabrilla and Marco at the Beach Grill for treating us exceptionally well and making an effort to remember own names and for always giving us a warm welcome! I would also like to acknowledge Erik the bar manager for his exceptonal work. he never stoped running from bar to bar to ensure all was running smoothly but he always made time to stop to say Hi, make sure everthing was OK and always asked if we needed anything. Keep up the great work!
zky Bar was beautiful overlooking the beach, ocean and pools. We enjoyed having our after dinner drinks out on the deck to take in the views and watch the sun go down. Elizabeth, we enjoyed our visits and thanks for taking such good care of us!
The the daytime entertainment staff were the best I have ever seen!!!! A very special hello and thankyou to Jasmine and Eduardo!!!! Dont worry gus, i'll make sure that "sunshine" takes care of her "beautiful eyes!" keep up the great work, you are both exceptional!! They made sure my daughter and I took part in all of the fun daily activities such as aerobics, dance lessons, special drink activities, pool side games, beach volleyball, and the list goes on. My daughter really liked th kids Yoga, it was her fist experience in this and she made sure she did it every day. The instructer was amazing, great with the kids! the adult yoga was challenging but good.
The Nightly intertainment: The best we have ever experienced! A good variety of shows that were perfessionally performed. The games before the shows were fun for all ages. My daughter won the TV trivia and Eduardo chose my husband and I for a dance contest and we won, very funny.
. We also met some wonderful travellers during our stay at Azul.
Trips are what you make them. As travellers/visitors to other Countries, we need to be patient, understanding and willing to adapt to and show respect to different cultures. We also need to understand that we are not at home. If you are that warried about such small things as brightness of lights in the bathroom then maybe you should stay home!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 10 minutes from charming Playa del Carmen, Azul Fives Hotel is noted for enormous suites designed for families and friends with up to three bedrooms with rooftop decks. Activities and special experiences foster togetherness for families, couples and groups of friends. The 360-suite hotel offers the renowned Gourmet Inclusive® concept, as well as flexible meal plan options to suit all agendas. Private barbecues highlight family activities, and the Kid’s Club sponsored by Fisher-Price® caters to children. Rooftop Weddings inspire soon-to-be-married couples. The 24-hour room service and full-service concierge ensure memorable vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa Del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Fives By Karisma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa Del Carmen Riviera Maya, Mexico