My wife, two sons (15 and 11) and I just got back from Azul Fives and couldn't be happier with our choice for a family vacation. If I could give 4.5 stars I would have.
First: the staff were friendly, helpful and very attentive - from our room, to poolside, to the restaurants - everyone went out of their way to make sure we were happy and had everything we needed (great example - one night at dinner my son was craving a dessert on the menu from a different restaurant at the resort that was not on the menu of the restaurant we were eating in - totally ridiculous request, right? - 3 minutes later it was served without any fuss and the waiter was smiling all the way). Also - every time we were sitting by the pool someone came by to see if we needed something to drink, to let us know about activities that were starting soon, etc.
Second: the food is excellent. We went with the all inclusive package - it was the first time we had done this and weren't sure how good the food would be. With the exception of the food at the Grill by the beach (where the food was good, but nothing special), all of the restaurants offered up really tasty food. You need a reservation for the Italian restaurant (Arezzo), but it's easy to do - all the other restaurants are easy to get into. From the gnocchi at the Italian restaurant to the maki sushi wrapped in banana at the Asian restaurant, all the food exceeded our expectations.
Third: swimming. Our boys love to swim and spent a lot of time in the different pools. The big pool by the beach is great and they loved the long pools that snake their way through the villas (and swim up bars for frozen orange juices). The only downside to the resort is that the beach in front of the hotel is a bit rocky. We did swim there a bit, but as others have noted there's a sandier part of the beach to the left that we went to a couple of times.
Fourth: nighttime fun - there were a lot of activities at night and we went to the fire show on the beach one night. The Zky Bar has a wide assortment of games (Jenga, Uno, cards, etc) as well as good music and videos. We also went into Playa del Carmen a couple of nights (highly recommended).
Thank you to everyone at Azul Fives for a great introduction to Mexico, Playa del Carmen, and all-inclusive resorts! We hope to be back again soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 10 minutes from charming Playa del Carmen, Azul Fives Hotel is noted for enormous suites designed for families and friends with up to three bedrooms with rooftop decks. Activities and special experiences foster togetherness for families, couples and groups of friends. The 360-suite hotel offers the renowned Gourmet Inclusive® concept, as well as flexible meal plan options to suit all agendas. Private barbecues highlight family activities, and the Kid’s Club sponsored by Fisher-Price® caters to children. Rooftop Weddings inspire soon-to-be-married couples. The 24-hour room service and full-service concierge ensure memorable vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa Del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Fives By Karisma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa Del Carmen Riviera Maya, Mexico