The road to Azul Fives is "colorful". It is a long, narrow road that looks like you are heading into the "hood". Ironically, this road was charming by the end of our vacation. The entrance and lobby were very simple. The "deluxe room" is large but only comes with double beds and no tub. We upgraded to a one bedroom penthouse suite on our second day. It was well worth the money! We didn't use the upstairs balcony much so if I were to go again, I would book the one bedroom suite. The room is HUGE with a large couch, table, kitchen, jetted tub, and two bathrooms. Hot water does seem to be hit or miss. We had fewer problems once we were in the one bedroom suite. Bring a hand held mirror! The lighting in both bathrooms was poor and it was difficult to put on makeup. I took my mirror and got ready on the balcony.
The food was excellent. We especially loved the Italian restaurant. It did require reservations but we never had a problem getting in. The sit down food service is slow (average 2 hours for a meal) compared to US restaurants, but it didn't bother us. We traveled without children so we enjoyed the time visiting with our friends. This may have been a problem for us if we had hungry children waiting. The restaurant staff were attentive and very kind.
We loved the pools (yes, they are not heated but they felt great with the February heat) and espcially the beach beds. We spent many hours reading and relaxing on the beach in comfort. The drink service on the beach was consistant and there were various activities going on (horseshoes, volleyball, water aerobics, etc.) if you wanted something to do.
We found the staff throughout the resort to be very accomidating and attentive to our needs. Their responce was always, "it's my pleasure"!
The grounds are beautiful!!! and constantly being groomed. We loved the monkeys, iguanas, and other wildlife from the neighboring preserve.
We had a wonderful week of pure relaxation. Azul Fives is not the resort for you if you are looking for a party every night. There are lots of families with children and the resort is very quiet after 10. However, it is the perfect spot to get away from it all and relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 10 minutes from charming Playa del Carmen, Azul Fives Hotel is noted for enormous suites designed for families and friends with up to three bedrooms with rooftop decks. Activities and special experiences foster togetherness for families, couples and groups of friends. The 360-suite hotel offers the renowned Gourmet Inclusive® concept, as well as flexible meal plan options to suit all agendas. Private barbecues highlight family activities, and the Kid’s Club sponsored by Fisher-Price® caters to children. Rooftop Weddings inspire soon-to-be-married couples. The 24-hour room service and full-service concierge ensure memorable vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa Del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Fives By Karisma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa Del Carmen Riviera Maya, Mexico