We stayed at Azuls Feb 7th-14th with our two boys 5 and 6. We had a one bedroom suite in villa 9 on the ground floor. We were close to lizards terrace and the swim up bar that our favorite bartender Sergio worked. He was great and was always very attentive.
Rooms were awesome, very modern and very clean. We bathed our guys every night and my wife and I both showered never once having any issues with hot water. Our kids did not find the pullout bed comfy so we just put sheets on the sectional sofa and they were happy. Two tv's in the room was nice so we could watch a show if the kids wanted to watch something else during down time.
Cleaning ladies were great, it is true they come at different times during the day but we just adjusted to this. They always gave us what we asked (extra water, beer, pop, etc).
Restaurants were great, flavors buffet we had breakfast every day and they have everything you could possibly want. If you don't enjoy this breakfast I would hate to read any review you may write about any resort. We also went to a few of the theme dinners at flavors, the mexican and Mayan nights were both very good while the Italian night to us was not good at all.
Italian restaurant was good, we had a reso for 6pm and had no wait. Good food but not our favorite.
Japanese Reston was our favorite, we didn't bring the kids to this one. They stayed with my wife's parents and had room service. The tempura, soups, sushi all awesome along with service.
We liked the beach grill for lunch, buffet with salads and pizza's some enchillada's and other tasty stuff. At night it turns into a beach side steakhouse with fresh red snapper and other great dishes.
Sea olive was Mediterranean and quite tasty as well. The kids liked it as it had onion rings.
Lizards restaurant near our room was probably our only bad experience for food as we had lunch one day and they messed up our order, forgot things and took forever. We just went back to the room and ordered room service.
Room service was great, food was good, friendly service, and came in a timely fashion. We always ordered so fruit trays for the kids and put some in Tupperware we brought and put in fridge for the kids.
Pools were great, infinity pool was pretty nice and definitely the busy area of resort. We preferred the pool near lizards near our room. Little quieter for the kids etc. lots of chairs and convenient to be close to our room. We wanted an ice relaxing week and that is exactly what we got.
My mother in law and ger husband are already planning a return trip here. I think we will definitely consider this resort again but also like to try different places. Would I recommend Azuls Fives? Absolutely!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 10 minutes from charming Playa del Carmen, Azul Fives Hotel is noted for enormous suites designed for families and friends with up to three bedrooms with rooftop decks. Activities and special experiences foster togetherness for families, couples and groups of friends. The 360-suite hotel offers the renowned Gourmet Inclusive® concept, as well as flexible meal plan options to suit all agendas. Private barbecues highlight family activities, and the Kid’s Club sponsored by Fisher-Price® caters to children. Rooftop Weddings inspire soon-to-be-married couples. The 24-hour room service and full-service concierge ensure memorable vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, TravelUp, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa Del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Fives By Karisma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa Del Carmen Riviera Maya, Mexico