“Great noodles”

Babe's Noodles and Bar
Ranked #64 of 1,242 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Great noodles”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

We went to Babes 3 times while we were in Mexico for 12 days. We figured out the first time that you just stand there inline outside and wait for the server to address you. If your a relaxed person and don't mind sitting with other people you will get sat faster. We sat with 2 different couples and 1 time at the bar. I have to agree with the post about the bad pad Thai. I did get it and it was disappointing because everything else I had was amazing. The currys are fabulous, the sesame noodles are to die for. The appetizers are unbelievable, not like any spring rolls your used to and the samosas are my favorite. You owe it to yourself to eat at Babes.

• Visited February 2013

• Hebrew first
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“Don't get the Pad Thai”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

When trying a new Thai restaurant, I always get the Pad Thai. This to me is the benchmark and it has worked out thus far in rating Thai restaurants.

Unfortunately I was terribly disappointed with Babe's. It was very soupy and bland which Pad Thai should never be. Even my wife's green chicken curry was under par. I've had better green curry from an Aroy-D can from the supermarket.

I found this to be quite odd as there were lots of people eating there and their dishes smelled and looked lovely.

• Visited February 2013
Newport News, Virginia
“Excellent Thai food in the heart of 5th Ave”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We really enjoy this place. The food is awesome with great mixed drinks. Their Thai entrees are tasty with fresh ingredients. We always recommend this place to friends visiting Playa.

Visited March 2013
Barrie, Canada
“One of my favs!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I finally found my way to Babe's in the second week of my vacation and it turned out to be one of my favorite restaurants! Large portions, inexpensive and great quality! Try the Pad Thai and especially the rolls - chicken and crab - deeelish!!! Highly recommended!!

• Visited March 2013
Fargo, ND
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Get your "Babes" on...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Babes is a must stop EVERY year - minimum of 2 times per trip. so consistent - so good - great locale - need I say more.

Visited March 2013