“Beautiful diving, great teachers.”
Review of Reef Quest Divers

Reef Quest Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Diving in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. Multi Lingual Padi Professional Instructors. Ocean and Cenote Diving, Snorkeling Tours, Deep Sea Fishing, Cozumel Diving Tours Offered. Shop located inside the world famous Blue Parrot Beach Club, On The Beach in Playa Del Carmen. All Padi courses available through Dive Master.
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We got our advanced open water certification with reef quest in October 2013 and absolutely loved it. Steve is a great and really thorough teacher, who lead and prepared us really well through all of our dives. Anyone looking for a teacher with an eye for details, lots of experience and passion for diving will find Steve and his collegues a great match. The atmosphere in the shop was very personal and relaxed.
We now feel confident in our new diving skills and would love to come back to Playa del Carmen and reef quest.

All reviews
in 118 reviews
"equipment"
in 44 reviews

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have dived in many places around the world and i must say that Steve's professionalism is unbeatable as well as his fun and assuring personality.
His safety concerns are unparalleled both in and out of the water and you are assured to have the best experience diving in the best spots in Playa del Carmen.
Have fun and look foreward to return to see the turtles

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I could write a 10 page review to describe how AMAZING diving with Steve was... but I will keep it short. If you are looking for an experience of a lifetime, with all the safety and beauty Steve is your diver! LOOK NO FURTHER, HE IS the diver you want !
My husband and I have a 13 year old daughter who was diving for the first time, this was my third dive and my husband is an experienced diver. We wanted our daughter to experience the ocean's beauty and the reefs the best way possible... yet as every parent we were worried about safety and that if anything went wrong... well this would end diving for my daughter's future.

We also looked for a diving place that took small groups and with reviews that gave us an idea of the level of experience of the Master diver. The reviews were so good we chose Reef Quest Divers. BEST CHOICE ever! Steve took only the three of us in every dive and dedicated all his time and attention to us!!! He showed us the best spots and so much nature it was a fantastic experience for the 3 of us. Needless to say he took care of my daughter like a hawk!!! (Or should I say like a 10 Dolphins! ) I really loved how he let her move freely yet he kept at a close enough distance to guard her . Another thing that made this a very special dive was how Steve knows these reefs so well and helped us pace ourselves so we could actually see things most new divers would swim by and not even notice. He pointed out details, animals, and all the beautiful things that an inexperienced eye does not see. To give you an idea of how great the whole experience was... we were only going to do one dive ... it was go great we did 3!!! Highly recommended.

We will come back!

PS We met there a Canadian Family that has come back to dive with Steve for years! His son started as a young teen and is now in college and a master diver. They shared with us how they now do amazing dives even nocturnal dives in places we look forward to visit in the future.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

If you plan on any diving whatsoever, while you are in Playa Del Carmen, DO NOT book with ANYONE else. Steve makes the entire process, start to finish, such an amazing experience. If you have any phobia, trepidation, anxiety, etc about diving, but you really want to cross this off your bucket list, then don't even consider any other company. The individual attention to each person he takes out, the stringent adherence to all the rules of diving and the water itself, are just part of what will be one of the best diving memories you will create. If you are already an avid diver, do yourself a favor and join Steve to take on some of the more experienced areas. Whatever the case may be, you can only go wrong if you don't book this adventure with Steve/Reef Quest. Thanks, Steve and crew! See you down the road to finish the certification and continue the adventure!!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I am so glad that we decided to book our first diving experience with Reef Quest Divers! Trust me when I tell you that you do not want to go out diving with any of the bigger diving companies or the cheapest ones! Steve has so much experience with beginners as well as advanced divers. The groups are small, intimate and every adventure is very personalized! He has the patience of an angel and the crew is extremely helpful. We are definitely coming back to get certified with Reef Quest in a few months and we hope to become awesome avid divers! We highly recommend diving and even more so recommend Steve and crew!