“Will come back again and again to Reef Quest” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Reef Quest Divers

Reef Quest Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Diving in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. Multi Lingual Padi Professional Instructors. Ocean and Cenote Diving, Snorkeling Tours, Deep Sea Fishing, Cozumel Diving Tours Offered. Shop located inside the world famous Blue Parrot Beach Club, On The Beach in Playa Del Carmen. All Padi courses available through Dive Master.
Williamsburg, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Will come back again and again to Reef Quest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I wanted to write another review for Reef Quest Divers. My friend and I had done our open water certification with Steve last year in 2012. At the time of our open water certification Steve was very patient and really made us comfortable under water and we felt safe with him as our dive master.
I was able scuba dive as a refresher when my husband and I vacationed in Maui in December but my friend had not been able to dive since our visit with Steve the previous year. When the couples again vacationed in Cancun this year; even thought it was going to be a 45 minute one way taxi drive, we decided that we needed to book our dive time again with Steve this year.
Steve knew that we hadn’t done much diving since our open water certification and so on the first day he took us to the shallow dive sites so we could get our feet wet and so he could access our skills. Steve is great about working with you so you are comfortable and so you are safe. One of the concerns that I always had was that I was going to be herded along like a bunch of cattle to market with the different dive operation. When you dive with Steve he takes it slow and easy and lets you go at your own pace, and he only dives with limited numbers of divers at a time. The weather the first day was iffy but they opened the port for afternoon dives and we went to two of the shallow dive sites. It was great Steve kept us away from all of the herd divers and we got to see an octopus and some eels!
Steve was worried the weather / wind would make it impossible to dive the next day so we scheduled our cenote dives for then instead of Monday. We had a group of 8 with only 2 being divers but we talked to Steve and he helped arrange for a van to pick our group up and take us to the cenote so they could snorkel and swim while we did our 2 tank dives in the cavern. The cenote was great; divers and non-divers alike could enjoy it together. I was very apprehensive about the cenote diving I’m not afraid of the dark or of small spaces but if you combine the two for some reason I was very nervous about the dive. Steve assured me it would be just fine and if need be we would be back out of the cavern in 30 seconds. I trusted him and we had a great time in the cenote.
I can’t wait to plan our next dive trip down to see Steve!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank kjgrain

• Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thanks again, Steve!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I've been going to Reef Quest for three years now and I always have a great time. Steve and his crew balance safety, professionalism and fun in equal measure. The more 'personal' experience that comes from diving with a company of this size is way better. I wasn't packed in the boat like a sardine! Anyway, I always appreciate seeing thrilling animals like sharks, barracuda and eel when diving there. Plus sea turtles and one of my personal favs, squirrel fish! And the Snapper Cave Dance is always entertaining... Adios amigos!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Nolan B
Edmonton, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Scuba Steve to the rescue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

It's just something about the British that make you trust them. When Steve said he would organize a last minute snorkel trip for 6am on a Sunday morning (the last Sunday before Christmas) at 8pm on the Saturday night before - I just trusted him. We didn’t trust if we could would feel comfortable leaving our kids with the nanny at the resort, so we couldn't truly plan anything in advance. Once we saw and felt how safe this area was we planned to sneak out for a quick vacation moment of our own. We arrived at the Blue Parrot at 5:45am and headed out to the spot. The sun was just cracking the horizon and it was nice watching the sunrise on the boat ride out. Snorkeling was pretty good; I saw the biggest moray ell I’ve ever seen. By far that eel was the coolest thing I’ve ever seen in the water. He hissed at me and I ran like a school girl taking as many pictures as I could while swimming away. We headed back after a quick snorkeling and then flew back to the resort. We made it back to the resort just as soon as the kids started wondering - where are our parents? We wish the best of luck to our guide, he is good soul. It was his last trip with Reef Quest Divers before heading back home and it was nice we got to enjoy it with him. Thanks again to Steve for organizing such a last minute trip. It’s a memory my wife and I will remember for the rest of our lives.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Yalpdotca
College Station, Texas
“From terrified to Tantalized...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

When i began planning my trip with a group of very experienced divers i had questions in my mind if i would even dive, as it had been about 11 years since taking my PADI course and i had never dove in the ocean. I was very nervous about keeping up and about remembering all the course information from my course. additionally, i had a paralyzing phobia of sharks, one that i thought i may overcome after about 50 dives/years or so when one day i had the guts to dive near them and enough experience too. Some how, Steve and Mark were able to remind me of all the information and give me an easy yet thorough review in a one on one morning refresher! after that i was cleared to go out with my friends on a couple afternoon dives to tortugas and a nearby reef. although i was aware it was shark season, i was told by divers returning from the morning that only one shark had been seen and from a great distance. Directly after our descent sharks began appearing out of everywhere (out of the blue)! Mark who was with me one on one this dive tolerated my discomfort and calmed me down immediately, even literally letting me grab out and hold his hand/arm if i felt panicked. by the end of the dive we had seen 7-12 sharks!! and i was totally alive/ untouched/ well/ and fearless!! could not have done this without an amazing refresher by Steve and some amazing support by Mark!!! thank you gentlemen!!

Visited January 2013
New York City, New York
“PADI open water course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

I decided to take the PADI "Open Water" course in "Reef Quest Divers" after reading many reviews on potential diving centers in Playa. I am very happy and satisfied with this decision! Steve and Marc were extremely professionals, patient and I had no doubt I can trust them 18 meters underwater...
I knew I'm going to have the course with "Reef Quest Divers" after a very quick phone call with Steve who was very kind and explained how the course works and how long it should take. When I arrived the next morning the PADI package and a DVD were already ready for me and I was able to complete the theory part in one (long..) day. On the next day Marc and I spent half day going through the theory and the quizzes, until I was ready for the final test which I passed successfully that morning. Then the fun stuff started: half day in the pool with Marc provided me with the confidence to know and work with the equipment and successfully perform all the required skills. I was ready for the real thing! During the next two days we had 4 dives in different locations. It was an amazing experience and I'm very happy I had the course there. Steve spent additional time with me at the end of each day and answered any questions I had, went through the theory again and again and basically made sure I'm ready to get this certification.
I have no doubt I'm going to be in Playa again and dive with "Reef Quest Divers" and experience the amazing diving sites there. Steve and Marc are familiar with all these sites, and the different types of dives (reef, deep wall dive, caves etc'). I strongly recommend divers (or potential divers who are considering taking a course...) who are coming to Playa, to visit "Reef Quest Divers" diving center- you will love it.
At the end of the day, and in addition to the required professionalism in this type of sport, it's all about the people, and to my opinion, you will find what you are looking for in this diving center!
Thank you guys for an amazing experience, Tamir.

Visited December 2012