“Can't say enough good things about this company!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Reef Quest Divers

Reef Quest Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Diving in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico. Multi Lingual Padi Professional Instructors. Ocean and Cenote Diving, Snorkeling Tours, Deep Sea Fishing, Cozumel Diving Tours Offered. Shop located inside the world famous Blue Parrot Beach Club, On The Beach in Playa Del Carmen. All Padi courses available through Dive Master.
Williamsburg, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Can't say enough good things about this company!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

A friend and I completed our PADI classroom and enclosed water part of the certification process in December in the states. Our goal was to complete the open water portion of the process when our group went on vacation to Playacar in January. After extensive research and sending a ton of emails to many of the diving shops in the area I booked with Reef Quest Divers. The wide variety of great reviews that they received impressed me and since I basically held my life in this guys hands I wanted to make sure we had the best that there was to get us thru the certification process.

I emailed Steve and he quickly replied to all my questions about the certification process. It takes a leap of faith to book something as critical as your open water certification with someone you have never even met but the reviews from Tripadvisor along with Steve’s quick and through responses to my email inquires made me go with my gut and book with Reef Quest.

The day of the day arrived and we lugged all of our equipment over to the dive shop where we got to finally meet Steve. My friend Chuck is kind of special and brought the binder to his dive book with him but apparently never actually put the dive book in the binder. Steve worked thru this and took him out as a discover diving student and we worked thru our first 2 sets of skills in our first 2 open water dives.After we got back Steve sent an email to the place where we had taken our classroom and pool part of our certification process to obtain information on Chuck’s training so he could get his certification completed. I thought that Steve went above and beyond trying to help Chuck with this. I know some places would have been sorry for your bad luck maybe next time we can help but not Steve.

The crew on the boat is great!! I was really not looking forward to carrying my equipment and the air tank to the boat but the boys took care of everything. After getting my octo and BCD hooked up to the tank we set our equipment to the side and one of the boys carried everything down the beach and to the boat, all I had to do was bring my mask, snorkel and fins. The boys are trained on how to hook your equipment up and they even change your tanks for you between dives and help you get your BCD / tank on in the boat.
On the second day of diving Chuck who has a mustache had gotten quite a bit of water in his mask. He kept breathing in tiny bits of the salt water because of this leak and with the rough water on our second day Chuck proceeded to get violently ill during our first dive. Once again Steve was great about this! He was able to help him thru it and we were able to finish our final 2 dives and receive our certification.

I was very impressed that we were the only 2 that were diving those 2 days so we got the best personal attention you could imagine. Steve even took the time to teach us how to use the dive tables so we don’t have to rely on our dive computers if there would happen to be a malfunction with the unit.

3 other people in our vacation group have decided that they would like to go scuba diving now and are planning on doing their open water dives with Steve next year. My 15 year old daughter wants to scuba dive and I know that this is the only place that I would ever consider having her do her open water certification.

• Turkish first
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2012

Steve and the team at reef quest are excellent. We just returned from our trip which included a number of dives with Steve and his team including a dive in the cenotes. Also while there my two kids completed their open water certifications with Steve.

First, Steve is a terrific instructor and was incredibly thorough with the kids. I could not have been happier with our choice, he is incredible at ensuring that the students fully understand everything needed to be a safe diver.
Second, the shop utilizes equipment that is in very good shape and is was great providing additional wet suits for some divers that were getting cold.
Third, after watching another operator take out around ten to twelve divers with one guide it reminded me how nice it is to dive with an operator like reef quest that was much more intimate.
Fourth, Steve and his team were always very helpful in providing feedback on various things they felt each diver could improve and were always very thorough in their pre dive briefings.

All our dives were great and the kids got to see things that many divers don't see in years of diving - Bull sharks, large eels, nice variety of rays and fish, sea turtles, etc.

I have dived with many different operators and I would put Steve right up at the top, great job.

Dallas, Texas
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Another excellent set of dives”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

Reef quest far exceeded my expectations -- again. This was the first time my children would go scuba diving. Both were unsure about scuba diving. Both took the discovery scuba class at Reef Quest and had a great experience. Meanwhile my wife and I had a chance to do a series of dives that were well briefed and were well beyond our expectations. That is saying a lot since we dove with Reef Quest only a few months ago and were very pleased. At the end of the vacation, one of my daughters even said of all the things we did on vacation, scuba diving with Reef Quest was her favorite part of the vacation. Well done Steve.

1 Thank bcampbell65
Gastonia, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great diving in Playa Del Carmen!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2012

My wife, daughter (18) and I recently did some diving with Steve and Reefquest Divers and we very much enjoyed it. Our original plan was to dive Tuesday afternoon January 3d, some diving Wednesday January 4th with some tentative plans for diving Thursday January 5th. Weather created a problem for the Tuesday afternoon dive, it was very windy that day and Steve had emailed me that morning to let me know the port was closed and no dive boats were going out. We made plans for Wednesday diving, if weather was again an issue he would take us for Cenote diving which is what happened. Steve took the three of us along with one other customer to Chac Mool for two dives. The diving was great, my daughter and I have done some diving in the Florida Springs, similar to the Cenotes but the Cenotes are much larger with more items of interest. Cannot think of any complaints, Steve gave a thorough pre diving briefing and it was obvious he was looking out for are safety as well as making sure we had a good time. I have to say, if in that area of Mexico Cenote diving is a must. The next day, Thursday, only I was diving. My wife and daughter enjoyed the Cenotes but were not up to the ocean diving that day so I took a taxi alone from our resort in Playacar to Reefquest. I dove with Laura who I believe was leaving Reefquest soon and a Canadian young lady who will be taking Laura’s place, I can’t remember her name. Anyway, both Reefquest divers were extremely helpful and pleasant. Laura gave the pre dive briefing and we proceeded to do a two tank dive at Moc-Che Profundo and Moc-Che. Both reefs were only a few minute boat ride from Reefquest’s location, and the dives were very enjoyable. Lion fish, eels, spotted rays, lots of life, water was extremely clear at the deep reef, probably 100 feet. Beautiful dives. The deeper reef was a drift dive with what I would call a significant current. This was my first drift dive so I was a little uneasy at first, but settled in and very much enjoyed the dive once we started.
As far as making plans, Steve was great at responding to emails both before we arrived to Mexico and while we were there. If traveling in the Play Del Carmen area again, I would certainly dive with Steve and his folks again.

Charlotte, North Carolina
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“No quesies here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

Steve was amazing! He was very attentive and catered to the needs of three individual (different level) divers. The equipment was all in excellent condition, and I am very picky! Steve is the bouyancy king! He taught us all that we were carrying waaaay too much weight, something the other dive centers never pay much attention to. He is also very personable and easy to get along with, answering any questions and concerns wasn't a problem. Our dive vacation was severly restricted due to weather, but Steve salvaged it with two wonderful dives to the cenotes. Perfect host! When in PDC, go with Steve for diving!