“Not really sushi”

Cuisines: Japanese, Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We live in Playa and first tried this place about a year ago. It was mediocre but it's hard to find good sushi here. Been back a couple of times but won't return. My husband ordered unagi and what they gave him was definitely not unagi. They brought out the eel to prove that that was what they had served him but it wasn't what was served to him. The spicy tuna was not fresh and not spicy. My daughter ordered something akin to Teryaki chicken, a staple but they didn't have it. My son's order was just strange and lots of rice but not really sushi. :( Waiter was very nice, but the manager, not so much.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

The location on 30th is small, but they have 2 for 1 Sushi every Tuesday and Thursday. Totally worth it-good price AND tasty!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I have tried a few places in Playa for sushis and this one is definitely not on my favorite list. The choices are not impressive and lacks originality.
The service is ok but the chairs have the be some of the most uncomfortable I have had the displeasure of trying. We were only thinking of finishing our plates and get out of there as soon as possible. If that was their strategy, it worked.
So far the best place I have found is sushi Ito in Paseo del Carmen.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

one of the many places in playa del carmen to get sushi... they have been around for many years... they deliver quality and a twist of flavor always trying to add fresh mexican ingredients to your favourite sushi roll... not pricy at all!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Every chance I get I want sushi. This place is nice clean and worth my time. The best sushi place here in Mexico.....#5 stars