“Best pasta in town!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I am a pasta lover! This place does it right. Fettucine all Bolognese is the way to go! We've been in Playa many times and tried a lot of restaurants, but for pasta this is the best. My 2 yr old loves pasta but doesn't eat just any pasta, its gotta be good or he won't eat it, and he ate this no problem.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Da Bruno serves authentic italian dishes and the pastas are fairly reasonably priced, but the glasses of wine are short pours and over priced.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was a great find with great food , great atmosphere on a sidewalk setting. People watching was great besides a great dinner. It's actually better than the Trip Advisor rating in my opinion.
Definitely give this ristorante a try.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Da Bruno was our second Italian restaurant experience in Playa in a week and couldn’t have been any different than our first experience! We were all hungry - waited too long to eat - and I think this influenced our choice. It was close to where we’d parked and had outdoor seating. It looked like a decent place, so we stopped in. While we were deciding the waiter took our drink orders and suggested the fried calamari appetizer. As I mentioned, we were hungry so said yes. Be forewarned – he brought us the “special” fried calamari w/shrimp, scallops, etc. It cost over $30 American!! It was tasty, yes. But $30 tasty??? No. As for the main course, the pasta menu us unclear about which sauce you’ll be getting. So, when the waiter came around I specifically asked what kind of sauce would come on the pasta with asparagus, chopped tomatoes, and squid. He informed us that all the pastas come with “no sauce - but olive oil, garlic, and black pepper.” That sounded perfect, so I ordered it. My sister ordered the shrimp, bacon and olive; my brother-in-law the gnocchi; our friend another pasta dish. So, imagine my surprise when my pasta came in a red sauce! It was not the “juice of the chopped tomatoes” that the waiter tried to sell me when I asked him about it. I told him it was not what I ordered and that I’d like something else. He was annoyed and said, “What, do you want me to bring back the menu?” I said I would just have what my sister was having. And note that each person in our party had a different sauce on their pasta – one red, one cheese, another white and the fourth basil. Not one the "olive oil, garlic, black pepper" sauce that comes on ALL of the pasta. The waiter brings me my new dish – the saltiest pasta I’ve ever tasted, by the way. We finished our dinners and asked for the bill. Imagine our surprise – not only of the cost of the calamari fried in gold – but they charged us for the first pasta! The waiter refused to take it off the bill. My sister finally convinced him that he should go and ask the manager - who did finally take it off. Oh, and they automatically put 15% tip on the bill – for a party of four. I have traveled extensively. I worked in the tourism industry and have eaten in literally hundreds of restaurants in foreign countries. I have on occasion sent a piece of meat back that needed to be cooked a bit more, but I have never sent food back because I didn’t like it or wasn’t what I was expecting. And if I hadn’t asked in advance I wouldn’t have sent it back this time – but I did ask and was given the wrong information. There are far better places to eat in Playa.

2  Thank TravelingTracy65
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We went to mexico with another couple, the first 2 days of our 7 day trip they stayed at Playa Palms, so we decided to go out that night and meet up with them, 2 of us were craving Italian so we stop in at Bruno. The service was good I must admit. But the food was nothing to write home about... really it wasn't that great but it cost us $230US for 4 people. I will say right off the bat the food was NOT worth the price. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant, actually I'd highly suggest you try somewhere else.

2  Thank SunAddict24