“Loved the Grouper”

La Casa del Agua
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: La Casa del Agua was created in 2001 offers a new culinary proposal of Mexican Contemporary Cuisine, personalized service, a warm atmosphere, and the soft sound of a waterfall. The restaurant offers wines from over 800 labels from different countries. Open from 4pm to 11pm. El restaurante fue creado en el ano 2001 ofreciendo una nueva propuesta culinaria de Cocina Mexicana Contemporanea. Servicio personalizado, ambiente calido y unico; realzado por el suave sonido de la cascada. Cuenta con una coleccion de mas de 800 etiquetas de diferentes paises. Abierto de 4pm a 11pm.
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We made reservations on open table on a Thursday night. We arrived early & were seated at a table overlooking 5th avenida. Which was great for people watching.
We ordered a bottle of water & wine (very nice wine list). My husband ordered the Caesar salad with shrimp, which is prepared at the table. I ordered the La Casa del Agua salad, which was a mix of lettuce, arugula, goat cheese, cherry tomatoes, apricot, grilled zucchini, almonds and caramelized walnuts, served with apple and Roquefort dressing.
For the entrees my husband ordered Fish Fillet au Mediterranean Vinaigrette (which was Grouper) & I ordered the Grilled Grouper with Goat Cheese. Both were cooked right & tasty.
Service was great & I would come back here. It did get crowded when we were leaving, so I would recommend reservations. They also have a downstairs bar.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were on the second floor which afforded you a great view of 5th Avenue for people watching or you could have a table at the rear which overlooked a garden courtyard which was quieter and more romantic, so you have the best of both worlds depending on the occasion. The staff were friendly and attentive. There was a good selection of dishes, the food was good and well presented, they also had a good selection of wines.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We ate here with a group of 16 and everyone loved it. The Margaritas were great, but the main course is what everyone raved about. I had their hand made ravioli and it was excellent. Some had grouper, steak and more...everyone was very pleased! The service was great and the atmosphere was fun.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Went there to celebrate my husband's birthday and we had a really lovely time.
We sat near a small indoor fountain making our dinner experience a little bit more special although the restaurant in general enjoys a great atmosphere in my view,
The food was delicious and very well presented.
Just one small suggestion, it would be really good if they could include a few more vegetarian dishes on the menu.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

You never can tell what you'll come across! La Casa is a great place for a nice meal, a few drinks or hanging out.
Our party contained 10, so not much was missed on the menu! EVERYTHING that was ordered was wonderful. Fish, scallops, crab ravoli, steak, diable fajitas, etc. One of the bigges favorites was the round rolls with cream cheese in the center!
On the way out, we were greated by the owner who was very interested in our experience. That is wlways nice and a good sign in my opinion!
Even with 10, a few glasses of wine, 4+ appit., our bill was under $400 us (and that included $75 worth of botteled water!).