“Fantastic homemade pasta!”

Ranked #45 of 1,287 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Alessandro and his staff are glad to offer you a great quality in a friendly place, where you can enjoy a lot of delicious recipes prepared with the taste of the real traditional Italian cooking.
“Fantastic homemade pasta!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We just got back last night from a week in Playa Del Carmen. We were looking for some new options of places to eat. After talking to some locals who recommended this place we gave it a try and were so glad we did. It's a place that is EASILY missed as it's down a little bit of an alley but is surrounded by art shops a,hotel and clothing boutique-very lovely setting!

I had the homemade ravioli stuffed with ricotta cheese and spinach and was covered in a light buttery sage sauce...amazing!

• Visited November 2013

Iowa
“Great spof just off 5th Ave in Playa Del Carmen”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Casa Mediterranea is a little hard to find but well worth the effort. Just look for the yellow sign along the ocean side of 5th avenue between 6th & 8th street. The restaurant is down a nice alley and sits off to the side of a lovely courtyard. This is a really nice quiet spot out of the hustle and bustle of fifth ave. The staff is small and so is the restaurant but that's what make it so special.
We had two meals with the homemade pasta - one with regular meat sauce and one with a cream & Italian sausage, both were very good. The other meal was more of a spaghetti with lobster and it was nice as well. They served a brochette and a sourdough with olive oil and balsamic vinegar before the meal.
This was our second visit to Casa Mediterranea and I think more will be in our future on our next visit to Playa.

1 Thank Cancunkids
Columbia, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Off the beaten path”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Great little reasturant. very authentic Italian food. Homemade pasta. Good italian wine list. Service was excellent. Anti-pasta was very good. Worth the trip and reasonable pricing. Good for a foodie.

• Visited August 2013
Virginia
“Excellent dinner and service”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I had asked for some restaurant recommendations on TA for something other than fish - Casa Mediterranea was everything I needed! I did have a little bit of a time finding the restaurant, as it isn't located right on 5th, but just down a small alleyway, and their sign is small, and high, you have to look to see it. After passing the location I thought the restaurant should be located I turned around to walk back and spotted the sign. It was nice to be right off of 5th but in a secluded area to enjoy your meal. The little alcove had several stores also, but we didn't go into any of them.

I walked up to the restaurant area and was looking at the menu on display, I was disappointed to not see spaghetti carbonara. Luca came up and was asking if there was something I was looking for and I told him I didn't see spaghetti carbonara, he said he would have it made for me!
We had excellent service from the wait staff, we had a bottle of wine for the table, bread, they brought us a plate of brushetta on the house and we each had a different meal (4). My spaghetti carbonara was delicious, just what I was craving from an Italian restaurant. And I can't thank Luca enough for making what I wanted, we also had the lasagna, ravioli, and spaghetti with meat sauce. The person who had the spaghetti with meat sauce didn't really care for it, but it was a personal taste, not what she was expecting not that it was bad. The portions were big, I ate all of mine, even though it was a large portion, just needed some carbs I guess!

I loved their plates!

Miami Beach, Florida
“Secluded great little Italian Restaurant!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My family is originally from Ascoli so I was skeptical regarding the food, to my surprise, the lasagna was very close to how my Nonna made it. The service was great...THANK YOU LUCA! compliments to the chef and team who made our evening a great one. The restaurant is secluded and surrounded by great foliage! Prepare to be surprised by great food and great service!