“Mmmmm mmmmmmm”

Ranked #50 of 1,367 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Alessandro and his staff are glad to offer you a great quality in a friendly place, where you can enjoy a lot of delicious recipes prepared with the taste of the real traditional Italian cooking.
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Trip advisor just asked me if this was one of the best meals I've eaten out. That's a hard question because I eat out alot but the answer would be leaning towards yes. From the get go the restaurant was fab. lovely staff, bread upon arrival and bruschetta too (maybe overkill especially for myself as GF but a lovely gesture). I had the beef with rosemary which was to die for. My partner had a homemade pasta with a duck Ragu - yum!! The wine was good and not overpriced. Beers to start and cocktails to finish with a reasonable bill to follow! What a night. I only wish we'd discovered it sooner.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

This place is a hidden jewel in Playa. It is set back off the strip, so it can be hard to find. TAKE THE TIME TO FIND IT! :D. The service was outstanding. Seated promptly and never needed a thing. The second the wine was running low, it was refilled. I am not one who likes to be served, but I couldn't react fast enough to beat their staff! I had fish and shrimp raviolli. The pasta was perfect. The taste was supreme. Most Italian places rely on garlic to give the flavor. Not here. Their chef cooked the pasta and the halved cherry tomoatoes to perfection. Our waiter paired wine perfectly. Honestly, this was the best place I ate at in Playa. Check it out. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We chose casa mediterranea based strictly on Trip Advisor reviews and once again were not disappointed. Adorable little restaurant off the busy drag. Food was wonderful, paired perfectly with the recommended bottle of Chianti. Service great from beginning to end.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We went to Casa Mediterranea after a long day visiting Playa de Carmen with my wife and children, and i have to say its a fantastic hidden gem. Very attentive staff and the chef also from Italy came to talk to us after our meal to check how we enjoyed our meal. The food goes back to Italy-perfect homemade pastas. The key also is the fresh seafood that is caught just blocks away in the Gulf of Mexico.
Congratulations for this fantastic food and service!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Very good authentic Italian food as well as excellent grilled fresh fish. Small, very quiet restaurant where you can actually carry on a conversation over a delicious meal. Can't beat that!