“A year later, I a still thinking about my delicious meal!”
Review of Casa Mediterranea

Casa Mediterranea
Ranked #33 of 1,257 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Alessandro and his staff are glad to offer you a great quality in a friendly place, where you can enjoy a lot of delicious recipes prepared with the taste of the real traditional Italian cooking.
Anchorage, Alaska
“A year later, I a still thinking about my delicious meal!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We found this quaint Italian restuarant while seeking shelter from the torrential rain. The atmosphere is very romantic, in a quiet side-street from the hustle & bustle of Quintana Avenue. An absolute must-try is the chicken breast w/ green olive sauce. It is too die for!! The service was attentive, and we even chatted w/ the friendly owner & his beautiful wife. I can't wait to return!

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank akskj5

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Outstanding Italian!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

It's somewhat hard to find...but well worth the search. The service was attentive...the food was excellent...the atmosphere was quaint...the prices were very competitive. If you like true Italian...put this one on your list!

• Visited August 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So great we returned twice”
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

In a hidden courtyard just off of 5th, is this great little find.

There's an abundance of very good Italian restaurants in PDC, but this is among the best.

We found a recommendation in a Frommers guide & decided to try it. The fish & shrimp ravioli is the best I've had; we also tried the gnocchi & the whiskey & sausage spaghetti, both of which were fabulous. The appetizers were equally great - spinach & Caesar salads, bruschetta are recommended.

Our bill each time was around $1000 pesos, which included a bottle of wine.

Give this gem a try.

Denver, Colorado
“Good for the strip”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband and son and I had a nice meal here. It wasn't the best italian food we've ever had, but it was quiet, and off the busy strip. The service was pleasant and attentive, the homeade bread was good, they had nice wine.

• Visited July 2012
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Tasty home made pasta”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This restaurant is in a lovely location in a small courtyard. The food was great. We had the bruscetta which was really good with the right amount of garlic. For main I had the home made spaghetti. It was very good as usually pasta bloats me but here was fine. My husband had the lasagne and loved it. The service was great. We had a lovely meal.

• Visited August 2012