“poor food” 1 of 5 bubbles

El Sarape
Concord, Massachusetts
“poor food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2009

There are many Mexican restaurants I like in Playa, but this one is just not one of them. I tried the posole and a taco el Pastore. My wife could find very little she wanted to try. If you want good Mexican food, try Carboncitos or La Terraya on second, HC Monterey, El Fogon, or La Pesca. All are about the same price as El Sarape and much better food and ambiance.

Spring Grove, IL
“El Sarape Was Enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2009

I was returning to Playa late at night and noticed all of the locals eating at El Sarape. I figured that it must be good, so I checked it out for myself. I was also hoping to practice a little Spanish, but the funny thing was that my waiter was half Mexican and half Chinese. Very interesting combination, but he spoke English. LOL

Service was great! There were quite a few Canadians there when I was there and a bunch of locals.

My food was good. I really didn't have any complaints...it's just that I prefer La Cueva Del Chango.

I wanted to try it and am glad that I did. I wouldn't not recommend El Sarape, and it's very close to 5th Avenue. Go and enjoy. As I already mentioned, the service was very good and friendly.