“Unlike Anything Else!”

$146.00*
Combo Tour: Tulum Ruins Early Access Tour Plus Rio Secreto Nature Reserve
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Mexico reveals its newly-discovered underground river: Very few places in the world boast conditions that make it possible to witness the extraordinary beauty of an underground river. Rio Secreto is a fantastic journey into a unique system of underground rivers and ancient caverns that reveals both the astonishing interaction of time within the interior of our planet and the miraculous existence of our lives. Come and experience this magical journey with us on your next vacations in Mexico.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Rio Secreto is an incredible experience! After a 20 minute, bumpy bus ride into the jungle, you arrive at the actual entrance where you are outfitted with a helmet, wet suit, and water shoes. Lockers are also provided. Jacome was very knowledgable and guided us though the beautiful caves, explaining everything as we went along. At times, you will need to crouch down and walk through tight spots all while not touching this beautiful natural wonder. The lunch provided was not too bad, either!
Like others have said, we were a little disappointed in the high price of the photo CD. There weren't as many shots as we anticipated, either. Be sure to make reservations as they only take small groups on each tour.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

All I can say is you have to go. This was a once in a lifetime experience. The tours are so cool, and you go swimming through underground caves. Our guide was really friendly and knowledgable,and the staff were all nice. They take pics of you, which does cost money, but I'm glad I have the quality of pics I have now. It's truly like being in another world, it's a real adventure!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

WOW! Such an amazing experience. I highly recommend taking the time to see this awesome natural treasure. Our guide Jacome was very knowledgeable about the cave system and underground river. He also made the tour fun. The tour was very eco-conscious. One complaint... they limit everyone from taking photos during the tour and provide a photographer (that has some talent). The problem is the cost of the photos. One photo costs $25 USD, while a whole CD of photos cost $60 USD. I found one shot that I liked but didn't feel that the added expense was worth it for me.

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I joined this trip with my 7-year old son and we had a wonderful experience. It was very beautiful and our tour guide Mr. Benito was very friendly and helpful. Same with some of the reviews, I think the price of the pictures are too expensive (US$69) for a CD) and the quality of the pictures are not very good.

1  Thank Z9589LBdavids
Reviewed November 30, 2013

While on a great Holland America cruise (Nieuw Amsterdam) we booked a tour of Rio Secreto. The facility was well layed out, attractive, fully equipped. Each of us was given a mini-wetsuit, including boots, helmet with light and a PFD. Walking sticks available. Benito our guide was very well informed, English was excellent. He led us on an almost 2 hour tour of the most fantastic cave passages with water of varying depths from inches to over 7 feet. Crystal-clear, glass smooth with a sand-like bottom. The cavern was festooned with stalactites, 'soda-straws' and stalagmites, some of which had joined with their opposing stalactites to form columns. The limestone of the walls and ceilings pocked with holes, gaps, fissures. Benito kept a constant flow of information going in an easy, manner with humor. Thoroughly enjoyed the tour.