Open today: 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM

from $78.99
from $99.00
from $170.00
4,131 results
All reviews walking stick water shoes wet suits visited rio secret river our tour guide uneven terrain cave system underground river natural wonder alfredo complete darkness professional photographer cave experience stalactites and stalagmites bumpy ride unique experience
Reviewed yesterday

Rio secreto is very beautiful and def. a visit worth. The tour was well organised and the guide (italian girl) was very knowledeable. After this tour we went to see other caves that were half the price... SInce its near to playa del carmen and its very touristic it coasts a lot.. We went later to Homum (little village near Merida) and paid 300 pesos!

Reviewed 3 days ago

This was an amazing experience. I highly recommend this excursion. We were picked up at our resort and brought back after. The only slightly negative thing is having to wear wet suits, life jackets and helmets with lights but really that made the trip even more of an experience. Our tour guide was the best, Alex was very knowledgeable, friendly and fun! Always checking to make sure we were ok and giving us lots of details about the cenotes. Pictures were taken during the tour by a photographer. After the tour we were served lunch, which was very good Mexican food then were able to look at our photos and choose to purchase. The prices were a little high but the pictures were so good that you are inclined to purchase the big package. We are happy to have the memories of this day!!

1  Thank JolGilmore
Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

Let me first say that this cave is really beautiful, and the tour guide, although a bit silly (doing jokes to get a tip) he was knowledgable about the cave. I’m a photographer myself and visited probably about 50 caves in my life (from Brazil to Slovenia) and ALL of them I was able to take my own photos. How disappointing to arrive in this place and realise they don’t let you photograph, so you feel obliged to pay for their “professional” photos. All the photos the guy took of me were not professional at all, with lots of strange people in it; that I’ve never met before. This fact certainly made my day less enjoyable.

1  Thank Fillipe05
Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

So glad we decided to do this excursion, it was beautiful and a ton of fun! Our tour guide Oscar was knowledgeable, very friendly and made it super fun! Also the food they give you at the end was delicious! Definitely worth every penny and we will be back with our kids when we bring them to the Rivieria Maya.

Reviewed 4 days ago

You wear wetsuits water shoes helmet with flashlight. Cave is dark except your lights. Very good guide was Dieago with lots of knowledge and history of the caves. A walk to get to the entrance to cave and it’s amazing what you will see from just a hole in the ground.
Our tour was this and Tulum and included authentic Mexican lunch served after we came back and changed out of your swim suits. Lots of change rooms, washrooms and you get key for a locker to put all your things.
One note, when you arrive at front you will get into the Rio buses and take a 15 minute ride down a very very bumpy dirt road to where you will get changed for the underground tour. Hang on it’s a bumpy ride.
Second note, you cannot bring cameras but they have 2 photographers along on each tour. After the tour on your way to lunch you can view these on their IPad, a complete USB was $99 USD outrageous, had it been reasonable I’m sure more people would have purchase. This part of tour I found to be quite overpriced sadly so no memories of our tour of Rio Secreto

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

This place is Awesome!
Good place for the whole family.
Tour guides are very friendly and knowledgeable.
The most interesting tour we did with our 12 year olds.

Reviewed 5 days ago

Our Plus tour guide was Sophie and she was so fun and knowledgeable.
We were glad to try the small cave first after rappel to test the water temperature which wasn't as cold as we though. Afterwards our whole group went on the main tour without wetsuit. The water really wasn't that cold. The dry cave didn't have a show so I guess marketing material needs to be updated. My wife and I also didn't know the plus tour included bike and rappel because it wasn't listed on the website. Oh well :)
Food was also good.

Overall unforgettable experience and must do when in the area!

Reviewed 5 days ago

Was a great excursion. A bit pricey at $110 via Carnival but worth it. Direct tender from ship to mainland. Long ride. Onto bus for 1/2 hr. Put on wetsuits, life jacket, helmet with light. Walk a little to underground cave cenote with water. Swim some, wade some. Was really beautiful. Lots of stalagmites and stalactites. Just like pictures. Lunch was good. Highly recommend

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

This is a must do as an excursion. Beautiful and so awesome. Our guide was great and it was a unique experience. The rocks are slippery but you are given a walking stick to use to balance. There is instructions given as to how to navigate thru the water. There are areas where you may need to seeing a bit. The water is cold but warmer than spring water, tolerable. If you have a flashlight that is an LED, I recommend it because the headlamp you are given us not very bright. We finished our existing with a meal that was included and a round of tequila shots.

1  Thank mommaneedavacanow
Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

This was a gorgeous tour! The caves are beautiful and the guides are knowledgeable. At the end they toast with a Mayan liquor...it’s tasty and then you have lunch. I gave it 4/5 because they charge WAY too much for the photos! $25 USD for 1 photo, $100 for all photos, and $135 for all photos and 3 souvenirs. Also, FYI on the way in there is a Mayan shaman who does something to their god and they ask you to participate.