Open today: 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM

from $78.99
from $99.00
from $119.00
4,129 results
All reviews walking stick water shoes wet suits visited rio secret river our tour guide uneven terrain cave system underground river natural wonder alfredo complete darkness professional photographer cave experience stalactites and stalagmites bumpy ride unique experience
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Let me first say that this cave is really beautiful, and the tour guide, although a bit silly (doing jokes to get a tip) he was knowledgable about the cave. I’m a photographer myself and visited probably about 50 caves in my life (from Brazil to Slovenia) and ALL of them I was able to take my own photos. How disappointing to arrive in this place and realise they don’t let you photograph, so you feel obliged to pay for their “professional” photos. All the photos the guy took of me were not professional at all, with lots of strange people in it; that I’ve never met before. This fact certainly made my day less enjoyable.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

So glad we decided to do this excursion, it was beautiful and a ton of fun! Our tour guide Oscar was knowledgeable, very friendly and made it super fun! Also the food they give you at the end was delicious! Definitely worth every penny and we will be back with our kids when we bring them to the Rivieria Maya.

Reviewed yesterday

You wear wetsuits water shoes helmet with flashlight. Cave is dark except your lights. Very good guide was Dieago with lots of knowledge and history of the caves. A walk to get to the entrance to cave and it’s amazing what you will see from just a hole in the ground.
Our tour was this and Tulum and included authentic Mexican lunch served after we came back and changed out of your swim suits. Lots of change rooms, washrooms and you get key for a locker to put all your things.
One note, when you arrive at front you will get into the Rio buses and take a 15 minute ride down a very very bumpy dirt road to where you will get changed for the underground tour. Hang on it’s a bumpy ride.
Second note, you cannot bring cameras but they have 2 photographers along on each tour. After the tour on your way to lunch you can view these on their IPad, a complete USB was $99 USD outrageous, had it been reasonable I’m sure more people would have purchase. This part of tour I found to be quite overpriced sadly so no memories of our tour of Rio Secreto

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

This place is Awesome!
Good place for the whole family.
Tour guides are very friendly and knowledgeable.
The most interesting tour we did with our 12 year olds.

Reviewed 2 days ago

Our Plus tour guide was Sophie and she was so fun and knowledgeable.
We were glad to try the small cave first after rappel to test the water temperature which wasn't as cold as we though. Afterwards our whole group went on the main tour without wetsuit. The water really wasn't that cold. The dry cave didn't have a show so I guess marketing material needs to be updated. My wife and I also didn't know the plus tour included bike and rappel because it wasn't listed on the website. Oh well :)
Food was also good.

Overall unforgettable experience and must do when in the area!

Reviewed 2 days ago

Was a great excursion. A bit pricey at $110 via Carnival but worth it. Direct tender from ship to mainland. Long ride. Onto bus for 1/2 hr. Put on wetsuits, life jacket, helmet with light. Walk a little to underground cave cenote with water. Swim some, wade some. Was really beautiful. Lots of stalagmites and stalactites. Just like pictures. Lunch was good. Highly recommend

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

This is a must do as an excursion. Beautiful and so awesome. Our guide was great and it was a unique experience. The rocks are slippery but you are given a walking stick to use to balance. There is instructions given as to how to navigate thru the water. There are areas where you may need to seeing a bit. The water is cold but warmer than spring water, tolerable. If you have a flashlight that is an LED, I recommend it because the headlamp you are given us not very bright. We finished our existing with a meal that was included and a round of tequila shots.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

This was a gorgeous tour! The caves are beautiful and the guides are knowledgeable. At the end they toast with a Mayan liquor...it’s tasty and then you have lunch. I gave it 4/5 because they charge WAY too much for the photos! $25 USD for 1 photo, $100 for all photos, and $135 for all photos and 3 souvenirs. Also, FYI on the way in there is a Mayan shaman who does something to their god and they ask you to participate.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

This was an awesome time and money well spent. We took this excursion from a cruise ship so the only down side was the rocky ferry ride from Cozumel. After that it was a pretty quick 30 minute ride to the place. After getting changed into the wet suit and life jacket (which they give you free lockers) off we went. Our tour guide explained everything in clear detail so we felt comfortable the whole way through.

The cave experience was awesome! I’ve done many tours in caves and caverns but this beat them all hands down. The tour guide was informative but the immersion into the water was an experience for sure. If you think about it there’s an element of danger in that you are underground but you never felt unsafe. The personal photographer was awesome as well so you could really enjoy and experience the sights and ambience without having to look through a lens. The picture fee was quite steep but so be it. The tour requests the slower folks stay up front with the tour guide so if you can, I recommend staying in the rear. It’s pretty cool to turn around in the back of the group and just see complete darkness.

Apparently there are multiple routes through the cave but our guide took us through one that has the coolest exit in that only your head is above water in a tight space with cave ceiling just above you (but never fully submerged).

After the free lunch we enjoyed some time on the hammocks before we left. All in all the best cave experience I’ve ever had and recommend this highly. Just do it!!

Reviewed 4 days ago

My family and i had an amazing excursion to Rio Secreto. We booked our excursion to Rio Secreto through our hotel The Grand at Moon Palace.
We were picked up promptly at our hotel lobby by one of their vans, after a few pickups from other local Cancun Hotels we arrived in Rio Secreto an hour later.
We had the Plus Package and enjoyed a bike ride , rappelling, a dry cave tour, tour of the Cinotes and afternoon lunch. This tour as a whole was absolutely fantastic. The Caves are breathtaking and full of formed Stalagmites and Stalacites. The tour operators were extremely accommodating also as my wife did not want to rappel into the caves and they lowered her down themselves. The local food was good and authentic to the area. If your expecting a 5 Star buffet go to a restaurant but if you really want to feel like a local the meal was great. Our tour guide Yul was exceptional. Very knowledgeable, well informed with fantastic grasp of English and French as well as his native Spanish. Yul was extremely funny, witty and is very good at what he does. The only downfall I would say, is they do not let you take any pictures or video of any kind. A Photographer(Ours was Stephanie) follows your group around and takes many pictures at different points during the tour. Her pictures are incredible, but you have to pay $99 minimum to get them all on USB. For a once in a lifetime tour, you pay but it's a big money grab. Other then that, it was an amazing experience. Would recommend it to anyone, simply breath taking.