“Trip of a lifetime.”

$146.00*
Combo Tour: Tulum Ruins Early Access Tour Plus Rio Secreto Nature Reserve
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Mexico reveals its newly-discovered underground river: Very few places in the world boast conditions that make it possible to witness the extraordinary beauty of an underground river. Rio Secreto is a fantastic journey into a unique system of underground rivers and ancient caverns that reveals both the astonishing interaction of time within the interior of our planet and the miraculous existence of our lives. Come and experience this magical journey with us on your next vacations in Mexico.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Trip of a lifetime.”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

If you do nothing else while in Playa del Carmen it should be this.Not only is it mind expanding it is incredibly relaxing. One leaves not only in touch with nature and with ones self you will also have feel more balanced,.

1 Thank seanandgrant19d

• Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A must when you visit PDC”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Very impressive trip, beyond our expectation. I was thinking whether I should go to Xcaret or Rio Secreto. After reading reviews of both, I chose Rio Secreto because I brought my mom (60 years old) there and I don't think she can be out in the sun from 8a.m. to 9 p.m. It turned out that I made the right choice.. the experience there was awesome, breathtaking, amazing,etc. words aren't enough to explain. My mom loves this place the most during our visit in Mexico. I recommend you to take the tour. It's something to do once in a lifetime. The experience in the cave made all other imperfection minor and negligible. We ended up buying the photos too. The only complaint is that the size/pixel of the photos should be bigger, given the price we paid. However, most of the photos are less than 500KB.. some are even less than 200 KB.

1 Thank Anne U
Ypsilanti, Michigan, United States
“Nature at her best....”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

When we arrived at Rio Secreto we did not really know what to expect. Our daugher got to pick our excursion and she picked Rio Secreto and it turned out we were all glad that she did. The staff is great, the lunch was great, but the real attraction is the cave. It is beyond words. The cave is an underground world that few have ever had the chance to see. Our tour guide Rodrego, was the best. He was very well informed, knows the cave and has a great sense of humor. The tour itself is 1 1/2 hours of walking through water exploring the natural beauty of a huge cave. It is a physcial walk but well worth the effort. When all the lights were turned off it is dark,dark,dark. I didn't know what dark was until it went dark in the cave. If you get the chance don't pass it up. It is a one of a kind adventure.

1 Thank Scott I
Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great Adventure Underground”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I toured the Rio Secreto as part of a highly recommended cruise excursion. I was absolutely amazed to be part of a newly discovered cavern system that has been hidden from human eyes for centuries, that is until 2006. Our tour guide was very enthusiastic in bringing us through the caverns sometimes wading, sometimes, swimming, sometimes crouching and squeezing through. The lunch served afterward was a delicious buffet of local foods. While cameras are not allowed, there are several photographs taken during the tour that are made available for purchase after the tour is complete.

1 Thank FLDIsneyFan
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Incredible experience!”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Amazing and other-worldly!
The water is chilly so make sure to get a wet suit that fits!
Talk to your guides - they know an awful lot about it!

1 Thank Christina S