“Best mocha”

Ah Cacao Chocolate Cafe
Ranked #1 of 44 Dessert in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Ah Cacao Chocolate Café offers natural well-being with premium coffee, chocolate, cacao and vanilla products, direct from the Mexican countryside. The store celebrates the Maya origins of chocolate, Mexico's gift to the world. Specialties include dark chocolate brownies, 100% cacao treats, coffee drinks prepared by professional baristi, and a wide range of packaged gifts (including chocolate cosmetics) for chocolate and coffee lovers.Your purchase in Ah Cacao supports local Mexican families and wildlife conservation projects.
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Every time we are in playa we make it a point to go there! Last time I was there I got so excited about the mocha that I forgot the bag of chocolate I bought on the counter and left back to the US!

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Good, kind of bitter chocolate. Get something sweeter for milk chocolate lovers. The chocolate frappe with whipped cream is nice. Decent prices.

Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Substantially overrated. Pretty bold claim from me so I'll go into some detail in my review.

Read the reviews on trip adviser singing accc's praises, so we got mousse, brownie, and two different types of drinking choc (Mayan and traditional).

The mousse was good, roughly the same as what we get from Hudson Greene (our local corner store back in new Jersey), but nowhere near the mousse from buvette in NYC (that is the best mousse ever though).
The brownie was average, I'd rate it lower than home made, or whole foods brownie for a bought comparison.

The traditional choc drink was below average, nothing special, I make better hot choc at home using milk, brown sugar and nestle cocoa powder, so that was disappointing.

The Mayan choc is an acquired taste, it has some spice in it (cardamom/nutmeg maybe?), we didn't like it but at least it's a unique taste, and I can imagine others loving it. I guess I'd advise you to try this because it's different and so it is by definition incomparable

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Cute little stop on 5th Avenue in Playa del Carmen. Gourmet chocolate and ice cream, serves coffee as well :)

Reviewed April 9, 2014

This place is a chain with several locations in Playa del Carmen. The one we visited was north of Constitution on 5th Ave. We went in for coffee after dinner, and were offered a taste of dark chocolate, which was amazing! We ended up getting a dark chocolate brownie, which we all agree was THE best brownie we've ever had!