“Wonderful Hot Chocolate”

Ah Cacao Chocolate Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Ah Cacao Chocolate Café offers natural well-being with premium coffee, chocolate, cacao and vanilla products, direct from the Mexican countryside. The store celebrates the Maya origins of chocolate, Mexico's gift to the world. Specialties include dark chocolate brownies, 100% cacao treats, coffee drinks prepared by professional baristi, and a wide range of packaged gifts (including chocolate cosmetics) for chocolate and coffee lovers.Your purchase in Ah Cacao supports local Mexican families and wildlife conservation projects.
Reviewed October 4, 2013

For years I have gone to Ah Cacao for brownies - very rich, very good. I don't like coffee (Ah Cacao is also a coffee spot) and never thought of myself has having a chocolate thing like many. Then one cool evening I decided to try the hot chocolate. It is wonderful! There are two locations on 5th Ave. now so it's easy to get to. The brownies are still good and they sometimes have very nice and affordable gifts. There is a really nice jewelry store across from the one on 5th and Constituentes.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,773)

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Sat here now after amazing cake and ice cream shake and ice tea. Staff are attentive and ensure you are served quickly and timely . The staff are friendly and the cafe is clean and tidy and a really lovely place to sit and watch the world go by

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Located on 5th Ave this is a MUST on your visit to Playa!! The best hot chocolate I have EVER had. The traditional Mayan hot chilli chocolate just slides down the throat like silk with just a little kick from the chilli as an after effect. I loved the hot choc so much I bought some cacao to take home and the very friendly staff were more than happy to explain how to make it. I will be back! Highly recommended

Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I stopped by while we were shopping on 5th. We were waiting for some friends and wanted to grab a coffee. I wasn't expecting much since I am a little picky with my coffee. Boy was I blown away. The plain cheesecake was out of this world. The iced latte was so good that I had two. The employees were on top of their game and were above and beyond genuinely nice. It's a great place to sit outside and "people watch". Fun airy atmosphere. Huge bonus is that they have a bathroom that is maintained and updated. If I could have, I would have spent hours just sitting at a table on the sidewalk.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is a favorite place for a morning coffee. And who can resist and nice freshly baked brownie to go along with that coffee. Two locations in town. Both really nice.