“Not only for chocolate lovers”

Ah Cacao Chocolate Cafe
Ranked #1 of 42 Dessert in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Ah Cacao Chocolate Café offers natural well-being with premium coffee, chocolate, cacao and vanilla products, direct from the Mexican countryside. The store celebrates the Maya origins of chocolate, Mexico's gift to the world. Specialties include dark chocolate brownies, 100% cacao treats, coffee drinks prepared by professional baristi, and a wide range of packaged gifts (including chocolate cosmetics) for chocolate and coffee lovers.Your purchase in Ah Cacao supports local Mexican families and wildlife conservation projects.
London, United Kingdom
“Not only for chocolate lovers”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I took my three daughters here who each had a hot chocolate and a brownie. They were very happy with their chocolatey choice. My husband and I opted for tea and coffee, carrot cake and cheesecake. Not a cocoa bean in sight but still tasty.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Zoe H

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
“Alternative to Starbucks”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

There were at least two of these along 5th Avenue. The coffee was great and so much cheaper than starbucks!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank all4csons
Fife, UK
“Delicious hot chocolate: look for a coupon in local maps!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I wish we had had more opportunities to visit Ah Cacao! It was delicious and the hot chocolate with chilli very rich. I think we found a 10% coupon on one of the local city tourist maps. Recommended because while it's delicious, it was a leetle expensive. Very friendly staff, would definitely return.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank LyssieHB
Rockville, Maryland
“Nice”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

As the name suggests, this places specializes in chocolate. During various visits, we had hot chocolate, pastries, and ice cream. All of good quality. The place is very friendly and were patient with my son as he tried to make up his mind. The cafe also seemed geared to locals, which is another plus in my book.

Visited July 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Amazing Brownies & Cheesecake!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I read a lot about Ah Cacao prior to our visit last week so I made sure my husband & I stopped by to grab a brownier. We couldn't stop there so I got a piece of cheesecake that was amazing & my husband enjoyed a cup of the dark chocolate ice cream. We will definitely be back on our return trips to Playa Del Carmen!

Visited August 2013