“Not only for chocolate lovers”

Ah Cacao Chocolate Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Ah Cacao Chocolate Café offers natural well-being with premium coffee, chocolate, cacao and vanilla products, direct from the Mexican countryside. The store celebrates the Maya origins of chocolate, Mexico's gift to the world. Specialties include dark chocolate brownies, 100% cacao treats, coffee drinks prepared by professional baristi, and a wide range of packaged gifts (including chocolate cosmetics) for chocolate and coffee lovers.Your purchase in Ah Cacao supports local Mexican families and wildlife conservation projects.
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I took my three daughters here who each had a hot chocolate and a brownie. They were very happy with their chocolatey choice. My husband and I opted for tea and coffee, carrot cake and cheesecake. Not a cocoa bean in sight but still tasty.

1  Thank Zoe H

Reviewed August 16, 2013

There were at least two of these along 5th Avenue. The coffee was great and so much cheaper than starbucks!

1  Thank all4csons
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I wish we had had more opportunities to visit Ah Cacao! It was delicious and the hot chocolate with chilli very rich. I think we found a 10% coupon on one of the local city tourist maps. Recommended because while it's delicious, it was a leetle expensive. Very friendly staff, would definitely return.

3  Thank LyssieHB
Reviewed August 9, 2013

As the name suggests, this places specializes in chocolate. During various visits, we had hot chocolate, pastries, and ice cream. All of good quality. The place is very friendly and were patient with my son as he tried to make up his mind. The cafe also seemed geared to locals, which is another plus in my book.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I read a lot about Ah Cacao prior to our visit last week so I made sure my husband & I stopped by to grab a brownier. We couldn't stop there so I got a piece of cheesecake that was amazing & my husband enjoyed a cup of the dark chocolate ice cream. We will definitely be back on our return trips to Playa Del Carmen!

1  Thank BeachPlease_920