“Heavenly”

Ah Cacao Chocolate Cafe
Cuisines: Mexican, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ah Cacao Chocolate Café offers natural well-being with premium coffee, chocolate, cacao and vanilla products, direct from the Mexican countryside. The store celebrates the Maya origins of chocolate, Mexico's gift to the world. Specialties include dark chocolate brownies, 100% cacao treats, coffee drinks prepared by professional baristi, and a wide range of packaged gifts (including chocolate cosmetics) for chocolate and coffee lovers.Your purchase in Ah Cacao supports local Mexican families and wildlife conservation projects.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Heavenly”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is a must stop every time I'm in Playa del Carmen.
The drinks are delicious.
When you're wandering up and down 5th Avenue do yourself a favor and stop and treat yourself.

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London
“Chocolate salvation from the outside heat!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Trudging along the ends of 5th avenue in the summer heat can be pretty draining! Thankfully I remembered that I had visited a chocolate café 3 years ago that had good air conditioning, so I risked a short walk to go further to see if it was still there.

Whew, it was! The place has a good selection of hot and cold chocolate drinks and coffee too I think, I didn't pay attention to the rest of the menu as all I wanted was ice cold chocolate and to sit inside their small but wonderfully cold air conditioned café.

The drink was fabulous as I remembered and I am glad I made the effort to visit this place again!

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
“Heavenly cheesecake”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Hubby and I stopped in here for some refreshment after wandering up and down 5th Ave for a few hours. We both had a cappuccino which was excellent and I indulged in a slice of cheesecake. Plain cheesecake, no topping. This was probably the most enjoyable piece of cheesecake I have ever eaten. Light and very tasty. Highly recommend this place. The service was prompt and friendly. On another note, there are two ATMs just to the south of the entrance to this cafe. Do not use them. We tried to use one, which wasn't working, and proceeded to use the one right next to it. We both withdrew cash within minutes of each other. A couple of months after we got home, I had $80USD withdrawn from my account, and hubby received a phone call from the bank telling him to change his PIN because his card had been thru a skimmer.

• Visited February 2013
San Lorenzo, CA
“Delicious chocolate!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I can only speak for the chocolate and the ice cream, and holy cow, is it delicious! Once you have a bite of their chocolate, you'll understand. We never miss a trip to Ah Cacao when we are down in Playa and if we know that one of our friends is traveling to the area, it's the one thing that we request that they bring back for us. My husband absolutely loves the dark chocolate, I personally prefer the milk chocolate. Oh, how we wish there was an Ah Cacao here in the US....

Madison, Wisconsin
“Good, but check about credit cards first”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This place is delicious, but while they take credit cards, their machine was down one night and the server hadn't told us. Didn't have enough cash so I had to walk three blocks, pay a ridiculous amount in fees and return to pay.

Visited July 2013
Ah_Cacao, General Manager at Ah Cacao Chocolate Cafe, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for visiting Ah Cacao and taking the time to write a review.

We apologize for the problem you experienced with our credit card terminal, and the fact that you were not informed that we were experiencing problems before ordering. The problem was due to a failure with the communications link between the terminal and the bank and is unfortunately outside of our control (apart from pressuring our bank for a resolution). Again, our apologies that your experience at Ah Cacao was less than what we aim for.