“Good Frappes!”

Ah Cacao Chocolate Cafe
Cuisines: Mexican, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ah Cacao Chocolate Café offers natural well-being with premium coffee, chocolate, cacao and vanilla products, direct from the Mexican countryside. The store celebrates the Maya origins of chocolate, Mexico's gift to the world. Specialties include dark chocolate brownies, 100% cacao treats, coffee drinks prepared by professional baristi, and a wide range of packaged gifts (including chocolate cosmetics) for chocolate and coffee lovers.Your purchase in Ah Cacao supports local Mexican families and wildlife conservation projects.
California
“Good Frappes!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I visited Mexico in May 2011. It was a hot summer and Playa Del Carmen was beautiful in the brilliant sun! Ah Cacao was a delightful stop in the otherwise bustling downtown strip - and I had an iced mocha frappe and it was yummy. A good detour for a quick coffee stop in between souvenier shopping!

Visited May 2012

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Love the Cafe!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We discovered Ah Cacao on first full day in Playa on our way to the Mega walking in the light rain. What a pleasant surprise when we got to intersection of 5th and Constituyentes. I was in heaven and begged a walking break from my girlfriends to grab a mocha!! Didn't get back again until 5 days later (last full day in Playa) for Sunday morning mocha and chocolate muffin - yum!! Sunday night, I discovered the café on 5th and Calle 30, just two blocks from our condo. Had I known, I would've been there every morning during the quiet time in town. Lovely, smooth coffee. I brought some beans and cocoa home and enjoying every cup. The cacao is so smooth, I don't even add sugar. What a find!! Very friendly staff. Brought molinillos and gold packs home for gifts for little nieces who are taking Spanish in school and another 12 yo who loves to cook and bake.

• Visited March 2013
sonoma
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great coffees”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stop there everytime I am in Playa. I take my morning walk and then stop for a cappuccino. They fresh croissants and brownies and lots of chocolate and coffees for sale. A great place to relax.

Visited March 2013
Cairo, Egypt
“Heavenly Mayan Hot Chocolate”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The Maya hot chocolate is absolute bliss! I loved every sip of it. However, my disappointment was they don't sell the same kind of cocoa mix to take home. They only sell plain cocoa which I'm sure is great but wouldn't have the same spices that make it so special. Also, their chocolate bars seemed generic with no special flavors as I'd have expected. It felt like a bit of a more commercial place to me than an authentic chocolatier.

• Visited March 2013
Ah_Cacao, General Manager at Ah Cacao Chocolate Cafe, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for visiting Ah Cacao and taking the time to write a review.

Addressing your concerns:
1. Ah Cacao doesn't yet sell Chocolate Maya in a mix as it is prepared with fresh ingredients and we have not yet found a way to package these in a way that would allow you to reproduce the experience at home. It is something we're working on however.

2. Ah Cacao is more focussed on offering the taste and health benefits of fine flavor cacao, rather than "chocolate flavor" sweets, but we do plan to add more flavor variety in the future.
West Fargo, North Dakota
“great coffee stop”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Way better than Starbucks! The coffee was fresh and it felt like you were at a little cafe in Europe!

Visited March 2013