“Great team”
Review of Mexico Blue Dream

Mexico Blue Dream
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Snorkel or dive the crystal-clear waters of the Caribbean and inland Cenotes near Playa Del Carmen and Cozumel. Explore the most colorful and interesting dive sites in the Great Mayan Reef Barrier. We have snorkeling and diving packages for every need. We offer a full array of PADI training programs for all levels of divers, from our Bubblemaker (kids 8+), Discover Scuba Diving and Open Water Scuba Diving training courses for beginners to PADI IDC Staff certifications for professionals. Come and join us... for a lifetime experience!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Toronto, Canada
“Great team”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We just spent a few days in Playa and had (another) wonderful experience with MBD. Patrice, the laid back owner, has put together a fantastic team of DMs and instructors. The groups are small, the equipment is solid, and the staff are friendly, professional and passionate about what they do. Al, Nat, Gonzalo and Laura were all knowledgeable and attentive...and they made the trips enjoyable. Nat's briefing on the cenotes was enthralling and the dive itself lived up to the billing. Others have mentioned Al's wealth of knowledge about the sea life in the area but I'd like to mention his artistic skills - he drew us the most beautiful dive plans. Really talented. MBD played a significant role in making this trip so great. There are lots of good dive shops in the Mayan Riviera but I doubt you would find one that has such a good vibe. It feels like a family who are excited to have people over.

Visited April 2013
MexicoBlueDream, Coralie at Mexico Blue Dream, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Hello guys,

Thank you very much for your nice review!
It was a pleasure for us to see you again and a pleasure for our instructors to dive with you.
So you are now part of the MBD's family, so don't hesitate to come back!
It will be always a pleasure, and the more you come, the more you will have beautifull dive plans from Al ! ;-)

Take care !
All the MBD team.

Vancouver, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Awesome snorkel trip!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We did the three spot snorkel trip with our incredibly knowledgeable guide-Al and his trusty driver stead "Chief". We hit three different areas- Yal-ku lagoon, Akumal & cenotes. My friend and I ended up having a private tour and first order of business was avoiding the herds of snorkellers.I liked that we were given wet suits-as it would have been freezing! Saw amazing sea life from rays to large schools and baby turtles! Also really enjoyed the serenity of the cenote-was worried because my friend is a bit claustrophobic but she even enjoyed the trip :) Lunch after was delish and authentic-an AMAZING snorkel trip and I have gone on many. HIGHLY recommend as a must do while in the area.

Hello Girls,

Thank you for your review and we are happy you enjoyed your snorkel tour with us.
It is not so rare with us that the people have a private tour, we like to small group for a better service and be closer with our guest.
So we hope to see you back and maybe, why not, try scuba diving next time!

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fab experience!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

What a great time I had diving with MBD. This was my 2nd time diving in Playa del Carmen but definitely the best! Their emphasis is definitely small is better, during the 4 days I dived there I basically had my own dive guide all to myself in Al Alcontera who is a fabulous guide and also very knowledgeable on the local ecology. Nothing is too much trouble for the guys and girls at the shop and they are very friendly and helpful. I was very pleased with how safety conscious they are without removing the fun element out of the diving. All in all a great experience I would recommend to anyone wanting a dive not to forget

Visited March 2013
MexicoBlueDream, Coralie at Mexico Blue Dream, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Gary,

Thank you very much for your nice review.
Al is really happy you enjoyed your dives with him, it was such a pleasure for him to share his passion of the ocean with you.
So for your third time in Playa del Carmen, we hope to see you back for more beautiful dives!

Take care Gary!
Cancun, Mexico
“like nothing else!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I did it! MBD was amazing in every aspect. The crew was extremely professional, friendly, knowledgeable,and courteous . For beginner divers or experienced divers I would highly recommend using Mexico Blue Dream while in the PDC Area and was so impressed that I stayed and dove the morning dives.Drove from Can Cun every time but so glad I did, because I had one of the best dives of my life at Barracudas reefs. I have to give a call out to I.Al...he was fantastic at finding what I told him I was hoping to see (eel,lobsters, shrimp, flamingo tongues,rays,turtles, etc). ..he went out of their way to find the best vis, least current and most fish life for our dives. The instructor Al is great and makes you feel like you are diving with life long friends! California buddies!!!

Everybody did absolutely fabulous job. Al was patient when communicating and trying to drift underwater, without being able to talk, presents quiet a challenge and knows when to switch the plan for the benefit of the divers. I wholeheartly recommend them to divers visiting PDC....I know I will be going back...maybe I will see you there.

Hello,

What a really nice review, thank you very much!
Your California buddy is glad you enjoyed your dives with him !
And thank you for traveling from Cancun, just to dive with us!
So see you next time for more wonderful dives!

Drumheller, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great diveshop!”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I really like the fact that these guys have the only boat in Playa with a hard covered cabin. It helps keep everyone warm and dry during the surface intervals. i did most of my diving with The Scuba Tribe, but there are two reasons I'm writing a review for Mexico Blue Dreams.
1 - The Scuba Tribe shares boat space with Mexico Blue Dreams, so you get to meet the people who work for them, and they are all wonderful, and very helpful, and very obviously passionate about what they do. I think one of the main reasons for this trickles down right from the top. The owner, Patrice, is very involved in his business, he accompanies the divers 75% of the time to beach to ensure everyone is happy and offers assistance to his staff to help them in any way he can. he is not bossy, nor does he micromanage his business. He appears to be an equal to his people and that means a lot!

2 - While in Playa for this trip, I mentioned to Hector from The Scuba Tribe that i would like to try out a rebreather some time. Guess what? The next day I was down at Mexico Blue Dreams doing a Discover Rebreather course! (talk about starting over again with diving - holy!) And, once again, Patrice was right there every step of the way, helping his instructor Peter to get the units set up and working properly.
In summary, The Scuba Tribe and Mexico Blue Dreams have an excellent working relationship with one another, and this is very nice to see.

Happy Diving!
Warren

Visited February 2013
1 Thank octaneboost
Dear Warren,

Thank you for your nice review, we are glad you enjoy your time with Hector and with us.
It is true that we have a really nice collaboration with Scuba Tribe and we are happy you enjoyed that too.

So hope to see you around next time !