“Wonderful experience!”
Review of Mexico Blue Dream

Mexico Blue Dream
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Snorkel or dive the crystal-clear waters of the Caribbean and inland Cenotes near Playa Del Carmen and Cozumel. Explore the most colorful and interesting dive sites in the Great Mayan Reef Barrier. We have snorkeling and diving packages for every need. We offer a full array of PADI training programs for all levels of divers, from our Bubblemaker (kids 8+), Discover Scuba Diving and Open Water Scuba Diving training courses for beginners to PADI IDC Staff certifications for professionals. Come and join us... for a lifetime experience!!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Alaska
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience!”
Reviewed May 18, 2011

My wife and I did our open water course at BLue Dreams. Our instructor was a Polish dude. He was very nice and knowledgeable during our dives. His professionalism really gave us the confidence to learn everything we needed to pass the course. Our dives were amazing. Definitely worth every penny.

1 Thank Strangrpilgram

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“An extremely personal diving experience”
Reviewed May 14, 2011

This was our second time back to Mexico Blue Dream diving & snorkeling in the past 18 months & I can't recommend them enough! I believe they provide a much more personal experience than you'd receive booking through one of the larger outfits advertised by the resorts & the price is right.

This trip I finally graduated from snorkeling to trying my hand at SCUBA for the first time and I can't say enough good things about my instructor, Romain. I was extremely nervous for my first dive and since there were only 2 students on the dive, Romain was able to focus on my anxiety, keep me calm and help give me the confidence I needed to complete the dive.

If you are a first-time diver like myself, I recommend Mexico Blue Dream especially for the personal attention I received. The friendlly staff immediately made me comfortable & my in-pool instruction was personal & set to my pace - not a larger group on a schedule like what was being offered at the resort. For first time divers, I also recommend taking Dramamine even if you've never needed it before. The combination of choppy water and beginners nerves are not a good combination : )

I can't wait to go back to Playa & next time, armed with my Dramamine, I'll be visiting Mexico Blue Dream to see about completing my diving certification.

Visited May 2011
2 Thank steph9kyle
Madison, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Professionally run dive shop, safety oriented and lots of fun.”
Reviewed May 14, 2011

We had a great trip to Playa Del Carmen and completed our open water certification with Mexico Blue Dream dive shop. I used trip advisor to help me choose a dive shop that I felt comfortable with for my daughter (age 16) and myself and I couldn't be happier with our experience, so I just want to pass on the positive review. We did course work and confined pool dives in Madison WI and then our four open water dives with Mexico Blue Dream. Our instructors name was Gregory and we was great. On day 1 we did a pool dive to brush up on our skills and then onto boat for two of our dives. The pool thing was good since it had been a couple months since our confined dives in Madison. I got a little sea sick that day, but Gregory was patient about that and he was also great with my daughter, she was very comfortable do all the skills. Then day 2 we did our next two dives and finished our certification, then back to shop and got our temporary cards in hand until official ones come in mail. They processed all paper work right on spot. Can't say enough about how great the whole staff is there, I wouldn't go anywhere eles. We then booked a Cenote dive and had blast doing that. They take you in a truck from dive shop and give you a great guided your the whole way. I should also mention that this shop is about one half block from beach, you walk right out dive shop with your gear and walk to beach and hop on the boat. This makes things easier as some shops are further in town.

Visited April 2011
1 Thank Dave70_11
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Professional scuba operations and dive trips.”
Reviewed May 9, 2011

The two dive charters I went on the dive leaders were very attentive to my level of expertise and what type of dive I wanted. Small group providing one on one service.

1 Thank ssimedic
St. John's, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The only team I would dive with in Playa”
Reviewed May 7, 2011

I am a PADI Instructor - therefore I know what is a good standard of safety and service. I searched online for days and checked, called and emailed many operators. I spoke with some who had no idea, but focused on being 'cheap'. How cheap is your life?

Mexico Blue Dream - mutlilingual, small groups of divers, excellent approach to safety, briefings, appropriate dive levels, and teaching, and still reasonable in this competitive business. The shop location is a short stroll from the boat and beach, and close to 5th Ave for shopping and drinks afterwards. Equipment is well maintained. Tania arranged transport from my hotel (Secrets Capri - who proposed Aquaworld, one of those who had no clue and were clearly not busy) and were very flexible with times to suit the clients.

I dived with 4 different dive leaders; each of them highly qualified, mulitlingual, current qualifications and very friendly. Pierre, Elliot, David and Romain are tremendous assets to MBD.
Patrice and Laure created a jovial, informative environment that made it hard to leave after the dive. Great team Patrice!

Downside? Tania realized she charge me in Pesos instead of Dollars - what a bargain (sorry Tania, had to include it - he he he).

I am coming back. Don't waste your time looking elsewhere. These people are 5 Star Instructor Development Ceneter - (top notch PADI recommendation) and they deserve it.

Just as I was leaving a chap in a wheelchair was taking his dives - just shows that diving is open to many, and with the right team it can be safe and enjoyable.

Visited May 2011