Tripadvisor
Playa del Carmen
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews gin bar friendship bracelets oka sushi flavours restaurant bali beds bedroom penthouse la brasserie ceviche our waiter beach butler beach service beach beds taco pad thai butler service the wait staff infinity pool
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Weather is nice but in water in:
Pool
Shower
Bathtub
Rooftop jacuzzi

Are all COLD... I’m upset!!!

There is only one heated pool for adults only... not fun for a family.

Beware of the exchange rate at the front desk... and taxi drivers also try to beat you... no taxi meter. There are flat rates here... u need to ask for the sheet.

Trip type: Traveled with family
CustomerSevices, Gerente at Residences at The Fives, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear J1307YMmarkb,

Thank you for your recent review , sharing your experiences of you most recent visit to The Fives Beach Hotel and Residences, Playa del Carmen Our mission is to make every stay as close to perfection ensuring our guest with the most relaxing experience and we are very sorry if you fell short during your stay with us. Your comments and feedback will help us to perfect the quality of our service and ensure our guests have a luxurious environment to enjoy their vaction experience there in the Caribbean. Thank you once again for your truly invaluable feedback.

Kindly,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was me & my husbands first time visiting Mexico and our first all inclusive hotel experience. I must say that we absolutely loved it and will be doing it again in the future! Pretty much everything about this hotel was great! It was clean, the room was huge with all the amenities needed, extremely friendly staff. The monkeys on the property were really fun to watch as well! My only 2 critiques and why I didn't rate it 5 stars was because 1) twice when we went out to eat at one of the restaurants the staff asked us to leave a review on Trip-advisor (which is fine) but then proceeded to make us do it right then and there and watch over us as we did it. I just thought this was kind of weird and uncomfortable. As a note for the hotel, I would say that the only time you ask guest to leave a review is as they are checking out and don't ask them to do it right then and there. 2) My husband and I were there on our babymoon therefore we weren't drinking even though it was included in the all-inclusive. The staff never seemed to know how to accommodate this and were confused when I asked for non alcoholic beverages or virgin cocktails. It just would of been nice if there were a few more options or alternatives for me or since I couldn't take advantage of the unlimited drinks. Overall though we had a really great time here and would definitely come back!

Room tip: Villa number 20 was great! Get either a pool view or a swim up room.

Dear Micheleshore,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor, it was an honor to host your recent stay with us. Every comment raised by our clients is of utmost importance and we are very happy to know you did find many aspects of your stay to be enjoyable.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the areas that we fell short of expectations. Typically we are known to provide our guests with an unmatched level of service. Actions will be taken by our Food & Beverage Director in order to improve those aspects that made your experience less than perfect.
It was a pleasure hosting you and we certainly look forward to your next stay at The Fives Beach Hotel and Residences for another amazing and memorable All Senses Inclusive experience!.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went here for a girls’ trip in mid January for a week. It was my 6th trip to Mexico. I’m not an owner at The Fives so it took a while to get the hang of the system: in short, all requests go through the major domo or butler. Hetzael, with after hours help from colleagues Oscar and Adrien were assigned to us. They were incredibly attentive, and eager to assist, and a credit to the hotel. Bravo guys! We had some issues with room assigned initially (via Interval) but we were moved to a unit in better working order. The units in villas 8&10 are very spacious with a nice understated decor, modern vibe and spacious porches, a great way to enjoy the constant breezes. The property is nicely landscaped and the beach is great...larger than many in the area and meticulously maintained. I watched a groundsman sifting beach sand, no seaweed during our stay and the huge sandbags made for a relatively calm swimming area during the high winds and surf. It was great to have plenty of king size beach beds, just need to have butler reserve them and the beach service staff (Pedro and Diego, thank you) were very attentive. We ate at all restaurants on the property, I appreciated the variety and the fact that a table was usually avail Food is well presented, though quality was sometimes spotty. Koh tai is a beautiful restaurant with terrific service staff -
Martin, Erick, Javier and the great waiter we met the first time there all went above and beyond. I would recommend some changes to the menu however. Oka sushi, in the same building is surprisingly good and our waiter, whose name I forgot was marvelous.
We also thought the Lizzards lunch spot was one of the best places at the resort for a light meal, quieter with a simple tasty menu. For my friend’s birthday our concierge arranged dinner at Arrezzo overlooking the beachfront. Terrific pasta, topped
off with a pastry and a very enthusiastic song and special hat for the birthday honoree. We enjoyed meeting the chef, Alessandro, who came to pay his compliments in the best Italian style of hospitality. Muchas gracias to our wonderful kind server Ulisses,
& colleagues Ricardo, Fernando, Difiore, Valeria, Dahlia, Juan, Dulce. I would have preferred more organized exercise classes but Gustavo, Judith and Jacob
/Oscar made water aerobics a lot of fun. Overall, a very well run resort, nicely laid out and appointed, with a first-rate well trained staff. They were all so patient to the many babies and toddlers on hand.

The spa has some of the best and most spacious treatment rooms I have seen. Blanca gave a top notchdeep pressure massage. My friend had a lymphatic massage that she rated one of the best massages she’s had. Two very happy customers.

Like most other all inclusives I’ve read about, the light touch with alcoholic beverages is debatable ..why not give guests a drinks quota instead of watering down drinks? I would recommend placing property maps and menus in the room, also a channel guide.

Room tip: higher room floor if you are not traveling with kids. The quieter villas are toward rear of property, Ask foradult only building
1  Thank ElmiraGulch

Dear ElmiraGulch,

On behalf of us all, staff and Management, at The Fives Beach Hotel and Residences, Playa del Carmen we would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences related to your recent stay with us. It is great to know every detail that has exceeded your expectations and we are happy to hear you enjoyed our gourmet cuisine and themed restaurants; we do our best to ensure all our guests are treated to a carefully crafted culinary experience.
There is nothing more rewarding than to receive the praise from our valued guests and we will certainly share your experiences with our team members. We are very happy to hear that the staff mentioned had such a positive effect on your visit and they will be rewarded for their efforts
Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we look forward to your next visit to The Fives Beach Hotel and Residences, Playa del Carmen.

Kindly,

Reviewed January 15, 2020 via mobile

Just had dinner at Koh Thai. Amazing ambience, food and really great service. The staff is absolutely amazing...special mention to Miguel, Jack, Jesus, Francisco
Chef Mina, Pedro, Reina. Loved our dinner, best ever experience and food!

Trip type: Traveled with family
CustomerSevices, Gerente at Residences at The Fives, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear anjtravelog,

Thank you for allowing us to host you during your recent visit and for taking the time to share your words of appreciation. We are thrilled to know you had such a wonderful stay and enjoyed our delicious Koh Thai restaurant. We are very glad to read our mentioned staff provided a great service.
We look forward to having you back for another amazing evening at Koh Thai in The Fives Beach Hotel and Residences, Playa del Carmen.

Regards,
The Fives Beach Hotel and Residences

Reviewed January 13, 2020 via mobile

We were very pleased with our brief visit. Check in was seamless and quick. Staff were superb. Marlena and Alfonso were so nice. Concierge Anabella was in constant touch and were upgraded to a wonderful room. Old building from the outside but spacious and very inviting inside. Breakfast was presented very nice. Location right there for all the 5th ave restaurants and stores. We will come again and stay longer!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
CustomerSevices, Manager at Residences at The Fives, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2020

Dear 737glynism,

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful review and compliments for our sister property, The Fives Downtown Hotel and Residences. It will be an honor to pass on your congratulations. It is a delight to know that they were able to meet your expectations with regards to your accommodation and their hotel facilities. We hope you come back soon and enjoy another sunny vacation at either one of our family properties of The Fives Hotels & Residences.

Regards,