“Great people .., great nachos”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Vagabunda

La Vagabunda
Reserve with OpenTable
La Vagabunda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #66 of 1,236 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 24th y 26th
Description: Traditional recipes hand-picked from the Mexican countryside create the foundation for Vagabunda's bold menu. Using honest ingredients and modern techniques, La Vagabunda presents authentic Mexican & International dishes with a new twists. Also featuring an unsurpassed selection of tequilas, we guarantee you'll find the bright and vibrant restaurant just as exciting as the food. Since 2000 Local's Favorite for Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
“Great people .., great nachos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

My wife had the volcano nachos & couldnt stop eating them ... Trust me you have to get them ... I had the chicken enchiladas they were excellent also

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Rockville, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

We heard about this place from our neighbors and went there to try for luch. The food was excellent and we came back for dinner. Even better. I tried a couple of variations of the poblano pepper, delicious. Our waiter, Artemio, was very professional. I would definitely come back on my next trip.
My only wish if they could improve their beverages. While margaritas were OK (average), bloody mary was undrinkable (which is a common problem in Playa, it tastes more like ketchup with alcohol:)
Otherwise, excellent

Alexei
Rockville, Maryland

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Alexei K
Bellefontaine, Ohio
“Just average.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

I had lunch here recently with another couple. I had the cheeseburger special. I know, maybe not the best choice, but it was their lunch special. The burger was OK, not great. The fries were actually a pleasant surprise. Excellent, crisp and not greasy at all. The ketchup was really awful, like corn syrup with red food coloring. I have had that at other restaurants and it is just always bad. The service was not impressive for a restaurant that was ten percent full, and the value was just not there. With all the good options in Playa, it will be a long time before I go back.

• Visited November 2012
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Convenient location, ok food but not authentic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

I had breakfast at La Vagabunda because it was right in front of my hotel and I had an early bus to catch. Seeing it out my window all week, these were my impressions: touristy and geared towards families with young kids. I wasn't wrong.

The breakfast I ordered was not authentically Mexican, but rather an Americanized version of huevos rancheros. My meal was alright: cooked well, warm, just the right portion. But it lacked serious flavour and seasoning (the way kid meals generally do).

I recommend this restaurant to families with kids who don't want to venture off 5ta. But if you want a real authentic Mexican breakfast, leave 5ta and go to a place like Los Machacados.

• Visited November 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Breakfast on the go !”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Very good service ! I was in a hurry because I had a bus to catch in 25 minutes, the service was very fast, I was impressed ! The breakfast I had was good, but not amazing. I would recommend breakfast at Las Mananitas for someone who doesn't want to leave la Quinta avenue. Excellent service !

Visited November 2012