“Best place in PdC!”

Ranked #147 of 1,496 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Mexican, Israeli, Bar, Grill
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fusion Beach Bar Cuisine used to be part of the Fusion Hotel. The hotel is not any longer, but we have continued and preserved the same amazing beach concept in Playa del Carmen Center. We serve food all day with mix between Mediterranean and Mexican style cuisine as well as cold drinks, coconuts and cocktails. You can enjoy our beach beds all day and come for a nice and well deserved massage. At night there is live music and our famous fire show at 11 pm. Also for stand up paddle board and surf board rentals and classes with the boys from Aloha Paddle Club. Everything you need for an unforgettable day and night at the beach!
Reviewed December 11, 2017 via mobile

Love it here.. Great food, fantastic music, sea view, feet in the sand.. Life can't get better..:-) Absolute must see!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,247)

Reviewed November 28, 2017

We found this place while walking along the beach when we first arrived in Playa del Carmen late afternoon and decided that this looked like a good spot to hang out and relax the next day. What caught our eye was the sand/beach chairs (low to the ground). We love those things! We arrived the next morning and saw that they also had beach lounge chairs so we opted for two of those with a table and palapa umbrella instead. The price to use the chairs, umbrella, and table was only $10 US for the day. Very reasonable.

All in all, it was a great place to spend the day. The service was great, the beer was cold, the chicken tacos were excellent, and it was a very pretty spot on the beach. Wish we had known about the fire show that other reviewers have mentioned. We would have enjoyed seeing that.

One tip I would like share though is that I highly recommend paying everywhere with pesos. Not just here, but everywhere. According to the exchange rate app on my phone, the exchange rate was around $18.75 pesos to $1 USD, and according to the currency exchange booth in Playa del Carmen the rate was $17.75 pesos to $1 USD. Which is fine, I understand they have to make some profit on exchanging currency to pay for the store front, employees, electricity, etc. When the restaurants bring you the check the amount is in pesos and if you indicate that you are paying with USD they tell you what it would be in USD. So they brought me the check (in pesos) and as I was using my calculator to figure up what the amount would be in USD the waiter knelt down to help and used an exchange rate of $16 pesos to $1 USD. Not a huge deal but it did increase our bill for the day from approximately $65 USD to $75 USD. It seemed like every place we went used a different exchange rate so we decided to just switch to using pesos to avoid this issue.

4  Thank Kerrie A
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

Great bar right on the beach in Playa del Carmen. The food is excellent especially if you can get an outside table so you can enjoy it under the stars.
Inside has a great vibe too with good music and nice decor. I personally preferred to sit out and all in all we had a great meal and drinks here.
Prices are reasonable and the service was really good. We returned on a second night which we obviously would not have done had we not thought highly of the place. In fact we chose to have our last meal of the holiday outside here.
Happily recommended.

1  Thank Bozeman-Dublin
Reviewed September 23, 2017

Nice place for a drink or three after dinner. Never had any food but drinks were good. We stopped by here a couple times in last month and can recommend it for sure, Reggae band played and we loved the local. Try it

Reviewed September 14, 2017 via mobile

My girlfriend and I came here just for the Fire Show.

We luckily had seats on the beach right at the very front. Fusion gets perfect scores because their staff seemed the most humble and fun out of all the beach lounges we visited during our stay at Playa Del Carmen. These waitresses did not have a pretentious bone in their body; very welcoming. They even poured some liquor into our mouths, for free! We ordered a couple of beers and a plate of salmon & rice (food was okay). The fire show began around 11pm for those of you who are wondering. Seriously, what's more memorable than a fire show right on the beach in a tropical paradise am I right?

Amazing vibes at Fusion; I'd definitely return here on my next visit.

2  Thank st33zy