“Worst experience in 4 weeks in Playa”

Fusion Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #89 of 1,257 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Mexican, Caribbean, Latin, Bar, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Okatie, SC
“Worst experience in 4 weeks in Playa”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Really wanted to like this place as the view was very nice, but that was all it had going for it the day we visited. They had two tables with large groups which may have been the reason our experience was so bad. The waiter took our order, brought our drinks and was never to be seen again. After an hour of waiting, had to ask someone else for our food. Food finally arrives and my fish tacos are full of bones. Not a pleasant experience. And the margaritas were just okay.

I did not punish the waiter as I feel this was not his fault, but the fault of management to not have staffed the place for the large parties they had. Shame on them.

• Visited December 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Litchfield, Connecticut
“Lots of atmosphere”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Loved sitting right on the beach at night with our own kerosene lamp. Seats up front were low, as were the tables, which made it literally a very laid-back experience! Would have loved to come back during the day to appreciate the view. Band was fun, we even danced a bit. Food was not memorable, reliable mexican, but as I recall portions were large. Not easy to find, at the end of a small alley.

• Visited November 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Good Live Loud Music, weak drinks”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

The bands for the week I was next to Fusion were all good, but too loud at bar to chat. Great out on beach, especialy w/ fire dancing, but we only went once cause the drinks are too expensive and weak, even after we asked for mojitos that had a taste of rum.

Visited December 2013
Moscow, Russia
“A harmonic spot for day & night.”
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

We were there at night , saw the general concept with carribean style dressed waitresses and bartenders and very good music selection ... We were there at noon having a nice lunch with quite a quick service and good Mochitos on a beach side seats. Will try to be back there for sure!

Atlanta
“Location and Live Entertainment”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I planned to visit Fusion on my last night in Playa based on the recommendation of a local resident. On the night I went they entertainment was a belly dancer and two live bands, of the three I enjoyed the salsa band the most. I asked to be seated outside which is on the beach and was quickly accommodated, and within five minutes naturally it began to rain. Everyone shuttled inside the restaurant which still had plenty of room to accommodate all of the patrons. I ordered a margarita and fish tacos while there. The margarita was good the fish tacos would have been good as well if they hadn't been sodium free. The only thing I could taste was very fresh fish, and sauteed veggies, no seasoning. Perhaps I happened to just get unlucky that night, but it was a little disappointing. Luckily the drink, location, and entertainment made up for my lack luster meal. I'd visit again to make sure it wasn't a fluke, the location is just adorable.

• Visited December 2013