“Good food”

Cuisines: Mexican, International
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 24, 2014

The food was good and the service was good. My only complaint is that there was 2 of us and they added a tip onto the bill and didn't tell us. After we paid the bill and left a tip we got to thinking about the price and called the waiter back over and asked him about it. That's when he told the tip was already added in. He had a smile on his face and new exactly what we were calling him over for. Just frustrating when they try and pull that.

There are newer reviews for La Caprichoza

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I got pulled into the old promoter trap and ended up having an early lunch here as we'd skipped breakfast that day! Great table at the balcony, with a fab view over 5th Ave........

Service was good also but the food wasn't so good and here's the bad part! I order calamari and a side salad and within 15 minutes of leaving the place I was sick! I was so ill for the rest of the day and night this was are last day and was completely ruined!

I'm not sure if it was the salad that had been washed in tap water or the calamari but as we hadn't eaten anything else that day except from here I'm certain my illness was from here!

Be warned and maybe ask how salad is washed?! My mistake lesson learned!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Food here is great, service is fantastic, food is prepared at your table by friendly and attentive waiters. Try the cadillac margarita thats made at your table best one on 5th ave. Have Lorenzo make your shrimp diablo at your table you wont regret it.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

The service at this place was really unique; they go to great lengths to impress their customers throughout the course of their meal. The made-at-the table guacamole and my friends fajita dish were both great. I was however very disappointed with my "prime rib" steak meal which was a total joke. I've never seen a steak so think in all my life, and it was comprised mainly of fat. At a restaurant in Canada or the U.S. I would have simply sent in back and asked to order something different on the menu. It came with a small baked potatoe and three small vegetable pieces as sides, which were also disappointing.
When the bill came the tip was included in the price. The staff were visibly miffed that we chose to not tip on top of the included tip. This didn't stop them from trying to hard sell us a bottle of tequila on the way out with a picture of us on it that was taken when we arrived for their "customer photo board".
Bottom line: total tourist trap and not worth the money. Serves me right for trying something on a whim without consulting Trip Advisor. Just keep walking.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Nice scenery, food is average, prices are high. Be careful when you receive your bill: it is worth checking the prices twice: they made a 100 pesos error on my bill.