“A hidden gem”

Dining options: Late Night
st. louis,u mo
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

We stumbled onto this place 8 years ago and have been back every time we visit Playa which is about 11 trips now. We have always had great food and service there and Lorenzo our waiter always seems to remember us and this trip he spotted us and ask why we were not sitting at one of his tables ? To which we felt guilty about not seeing or asking for him!
But the food whether it's simple Mexican cuisine or a awesome shrimp diablo or lobster dinner the food is always great! Plus it's a great place to sit above 5th ave and watch all the people pass by
Well worth the visit can't wait to be back in May!!

1 Thank Kzieff

SAINT JOSEPH
“Yum Yum”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We celebrated last night.
Down the avenue we went to La Caprichoza - Flambee Mexican Cuisine

No sax player last night, this time a local person playing flutes of all kinds - kinda kool and very romantic.

We started with the guac made at the table - remember??

Then surf & turf - lobster and steak for me - & big shrimps for my wife - cooked at the table, cooked in tequila, white wine, garlic and sour cream,
Shrimps were very good!
We finished it off with the Flaming coffee drink - WAY KOOL MAN!!!

Get your picture taken and wait for the surprise, it is very different.

For a fun night out on the town in Playa Del Carmen you must try this restaurant!

• Visited January 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Average food, great service”
Reviewed December 15, 2011

The food was average. The salsa, guacamole and queso fundido however, were really good. The service was excellent. Our waiter was friendly and really made us feel welcome. I liked the open air atmoshere. A man playing a flute was enjoyable. If you can, sit at a table by the railing so you can see outside. They had buy one, get one drinks when I was there. And they will keep them coming until you say stop!

Some crazy guy will come over to your table and put big sombreros on your head and take your picture, put the picture on a tequila bottle and try to sell it to you. Cute souvenir. I bought one. Then you can get the picture on Facebook the next day.

Overall, I enjoyed my experience here. I was not wowed, but also not disappointed either.

• Visited November 2011
Westlake, Texas
“Cadillac Margarita's”
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Order everything table side, Cadillac Margarita, guacamole, Tequila & Garlic shrimp, Banana Foster

Visited November 2011
Redwood City, California
“Great salsa, a nice view, but mediocre food”
Reviewed October 24, 2011

My family and I stopped here for dinner. The restaurant was pretty empty so we got a seat right by the railing, which was nice for people watching. The live pan flute music was nice but a little louder than I would have liked.

As for the food, the salsa was outstanding! I quickly gobbled down a bowl by myself. Unfortunately, the rest of the food wasn't nearly as good. My mixed fajitas were less appealing than you'd find at a chain restaurant, and my son's chicken fingers were rubbery. The rest of my family was content with their meals.

Thanks to other tripadvisor reviews, we were prepared for the offer to take our photos in ridiculous hats and we politely declined.

• Visited October 2011