“They're baaaack......”
Review of Buenos Aires - CLOSED

Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Argentinean, Barbecue, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Sirviendo la mejor carne en Playa del Carmen desde 1996.
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Well, Buenos Aires, the best steakhouse in Playa started going downhill about a year and a half ago and we finally took it off our "list". A couple of months ago I noticed it had closed. An end of an era for great steaks. Three weeks ago on my morning walk I noticed a storefront, just past 34th & 5th behind the Cuban bar/restaurant, was under construction. A week later the sign went up; BUENOS AIRES......great! I looked at the menu (all new) and asked when they were gonna open. We went two nights ago and they are back for sure. I had the filet and it was "Buenos Aires Before" good. Perfectly cooked and, man, what a piece of meat it was. Prices are very good for what you get and the service was perfect.
It's a nice setting but you have to look for it. Everything is different except the fantastic food.
The important thing is that very few places in Playa actually cook a FILET. Most of them have flank steak instead.....or they try to sell you a rib eye or some other cut. BA has the classic FILET.
They have a full menu, ala carte, but the meat is the star.
I'm so happy they're back....

1  Thank TioDon

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had dinner at Buenos Aires while staying in Playa for the week. Our party of four all agreed that this was the best steak we had ever had. Go for the Arrachera steak. It is tender, massive and perfectly seasoned. The side orders of garlic potatoes and spinach were great too. Chris was a wonderful host and very attentive. The restaurant is on the side of the road so you can watch people walk by but I believe the location is going to move to 5th soon. This place is great! Prices were also very reasonable. Around $20 for a massive steak was excellent value. The music was very chilled too which was nice.

1  Thank Loooove_de_sun
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Had a chanace to to eat here again while on a day trip to Playa.

Ordered the Rib Steak and Buenos Aires Salad. The steak cooked to perfection over an open flame was to die for. Both my wife and I ate the huge steak ourselves.

The service was excellent too. Unfortunately, it's a few steps from 5th avenue on 4th street in Playa.

If your looking for a great steak I recommend you look for Buenos Aires on the map and I hope you are hungry.

1  Thank MundoTraveller99
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Happened upon this place when walking about .We sat on the deck outside and watched as folks walked by . Our waiter was attentive and informative about the menu.We choose the combo grill with sausage, flank steak ,rib eye and pork .Veggies on the grill were zuchinni ,tomatoe and carrots.It was really tasty and cooked just as we had ordered. .It also came with a green salad and bread basket . I would return it was very good.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

They have amazing AMAZING steak here. Huge portions and very well cooked!

Try the Fillet...you won't be disappointed!