“Birthday day in Blue Lobster”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue Lobster

Blue Lobster
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Lobster is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 1,234 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Mexican, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1a sur y 5ta
Description: In July 1996 Blue lobster opens in Playa del Carmen to become a favorite of locals and tourists to enjoy a delicious lobster, fish and seafood. Built with tropical wood, stone slab, thatched roofs and waterfalls that give an extra relaxation touch. We always try to satisfied and exceed our customers’ expectations. Excellent food, polite waiters and a fantastic view of the fifth Avenue will make you spend an unforgettable night.We have capacity for 130 persons on two levels and an air conditioning area to 22. Blue lobster makes a compromising bet on mexican wine and regional sea dishes that result in a perfect union. They have created perfect unions for their wines’ selection through a very special menu that proposes the perfect combination between their gastronomy and their wines. As three dishes’ menu with different wine suggestions in order to please every palate: reds, whites, roses and foamy wines.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Birthday day in Blue Lobster”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was there this past March 23 , my husband took me there for dinner I have to admit the lobster was delicious, but the vegetables were only 1 piece of green pepper, 1 of onion and 1 piece of tomato, the potato was over cooked that was too dry!! after all I just enjoyed the lobster . , another thing was that the table that they sit us was too dark that I barely see my food!!! they need to add extra lights or candles at least to see what you are eating. The food is way over prized even in USA I don't spend that much money only for 2 people...the waitress were kind but shy, I have to asked them what was the menu included, they never brought the check until I asked for it. Nothing special for the birthday, maybe just a congratulations.... well maybe I am used to USA that they sing for you or they give you a scoop of ice cream at least or something. but here for the price you pay they should make it more special for the guest in all the ways.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank 812elizabeth
Relaciones Publ... B, Public Relations Manager at Blue Lobster, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Elizabeth,

We are sorry you didn't like somethings about our service, but we appreciate your feedback to improve. Anyway we are glad you liked our lobster. We hope you had a nice birthday.

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Spokane, Washington
“Good food and people watching”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We searched high and low for lobster and finally found it. Considering its name, the Blue Lobster had better have lobster. Being oceanside makes you feel a little fonder for the crustacean, but on a scale from one to 10, I would give their lobster a 6.5. Still, it was better than most of the other seafood places I found along the coast. What really impressed me was the creamy mushroom and asparagus risotto — that and the very attentive staff. The prices are a little higher, but worth it for all the attention you get from waiters and the view of passersby on the adjacent street.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank spankyandsarah
Relaciones Publ... B, Public Relations Manager at Blue Lobster, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear costumer,

We are glad you liked our creamy mushroom and asparagus risotto , we hope next time you like more our losbter as well.

We are here to serve you!

Regards,

Blue Lobster team
Stevenage, United Kingdom
“Best steak in playa”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We eat here on valentines day and me and my girlfriend both had steak with lobster( £25 each) it was excellent and I would of eaten there again but my stay had come to its end, the cocktails were good too, not the cheap tasting ones you get in some places. Recommend getting a table down stairs at the front as it was quite hot near the back! Enjoy

• Visited February 2013
Dear Dan,

We are glad you liked our steak and our cocktails as well! We hope to see you in Blue Lobser again in your next visit to Playa del Carmen.
Dallas, Texas
“Always Amazing”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We been going to the Blue Lobster for over 11 years and it never disappoints. It's not cheap but continuously serves great seafood, huge lobster tails (or not if you want the average size they have it). I recommend the shrimp queso as an appetizer and the baked potato with your meal with all the fixins'. (I almost never eat baked potatoes but there's something about theirs that is magic for me!)

Visited March 2013
Dear Katlowry,

Thank you very much for your comments. We hope to see you in Blue Lobster again soon!
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“Best seafood in Playa”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

If you want lobster or any other type of seafood, this is the place to go to. We go there on our special occasions (birthdays, etc.) to give ourselves a special treat.

Visited January 2013
Relaciones Publ... B, Public Relations Manager at Blue Lobster, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Shibaat,

Thank you very much for your comments. We hope to see you soon again in Blue Lobster.

Best Regards.