“Very good overall! ”

Carboncitos
Ranked #38 of 1,328 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: ****** We Do Not Accept Credit Cards ******Carboncitos serves authentic Mexican, Mayan, Charcoal Grilled Steaks & Seafood at an attractive price. Be it breakfast, lunch, happy hour, or dinner; it's the consistently delicious meals served that keeps guests returning again and again.
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Loved the location and the ambiance of this place at night. Food was very good, however, the tacos el pastor was amazing! Price was reasonable for what we got, not the best place we visited, but still worth the trip.

1  Thank BigZ22
HotelCielo, Owner at Carboncitos, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Thank you Big Z for taking the time to write your review

We really appreciate the kind words, we are delighted that you enjoyed your self & had a great dining experience

Big Z, we know there are many restaurants in Playa del Carmen, so thank you for choosing Carboncitos & we look forward to seeing you when you return to the beautiful Mayan Riviera

Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

The prices were not bad at all. They deliver mixed drinks on their heads. :-) a hot spot for marachis to stop in and play. Food was delicious and great proportion. Why is this ranked so low on the places to eat? I didn't tripadvisor I found this place by walking past it. I'm glad I did!

2  Thank vom098
HotelCielo, Owner at Carboncitos, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Thank you Vom098 for taking the time to write your review

We at Carboncitos feel the same way , but the algorithms of TA are a little strange & they continually drop in new restaurants in front of us, this past January there were 17 new restaurants put in front of us...... but we always climb back, 10 years strong & usually in the top 25 ....but 39 out of 720 restaurant is still pretty good.

It will be guests like you who will bring us back

Vom098, we know there are many restaurants in Playa del Carmen, so thank you for choosing Carboncitos & we look forward to seeing you when you return to the beautiful Mayan Riviera

Reviewed June 11, 2014

We were so happy we decided to stop here for lunch one day after a morning trip from Playa del Carmen to Cozumel for some snorkeling. We were staying at a 5 star all-inclusive resort, but we were feeling adventurous (and starving) and saw Carboncitos had great reviews on TripAdvisor. While resort food is delicious, there's just something about those all-inclusives that don't give you an authentic Mexican feel. This restaurant was wonderful! Everything we had came out in large portions and was the best Mexican food we'd all ever had. Amazing tacos! The service was surprisingly great and very entertaining. The waiters sometimes serve your drinks balanced on their heads which is pretty impressive. It's just a few minutes walk from the port and located right off the main shopping street. We'd love to go back if we return to that part of Mexico.

1  Thank Greg N

Thank you Greg for taking the time to write your review

We really appreciate the kind words & we are delighted that we were able to help create a great vacation / dining experience for you.

Thank you for mentioning the staff, they are part of our extended family & they are a large part of our success.....we couldn't do it without them

Greg, we know there are many restaurants in Playa del Carmen, so thank you for choosing Carboncitos & we look forward to seeing you when you return to the beautiful Mayan Riviera

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I read about Carboncitos on Tripadvisor and decided to try it for lunch. The food was absolutely delicious. We had shrimp tacos, guacamole and I forget the other items ordered (there were 4 of us)--we all ordered different things and agreed that everything was excellent. Our server and wait staff was excellent, as well. Have been to Playa several times and am so glad I finally found Carboncitos--will definitely return on my next visit.

2  Thank ann2122
HotelCielo, Owner at Carboncitos, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Thank you Ann for taking the time to write your review

Well we are so glad you found us as well !!!!

Ann, we know there are many restaurants in Playa del Carmen, so thank you for choosing Carboncitos & we look forward to seeing you when you return to the beautiful Mayan Riviera

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

I really loved this place, the food was excellent, the staff were friendly and attentive without being fake or overbearing and it was very good value for money.

We ate at a few restaurants in Playa del Carmen and only wish this was the first we had visited as it would had become our regular haunt for our holiday.

There was a lovely atmosphere, I had one of the best steaks I had ever eaten and the lobster was amazing. My partner had the enchiladas which he said were the best he'd tasted, our only regret was ordering a starter each as we couldn't finish our mains but it was all so delicious we tried our best. I can also say the cocktails and juices are excellent and not the crappy quality mixs that you seem to find in all holiday resorts, the waiter brings your drinks over balanced on his head which was fun.

Referring to other reviews it is the type of place you could spend a while if you want and at no point is your bill presented to you which I agree feels rude and when we requested our bill there was no problem.

I highly recommend this place and will return if I find myself in Playa del Carmen again.

2  Thank Susan S

Thank you Susan for taking the time to write your review

We really appreciate the kind words & we are delighted that you had a chance to experience our warmth & charm.

Well what can I say.......I wil have to agree, the best steak and seafood in Playa.... Some times I just have to say ...Kudos to us !!! LOL

Susan, we know there are many restaurants in Playa del Carmen, so thank you for choosing Carboncitos & we look forward to seeing you when you return to the beautiful Mayan Riviera