“Very nice Mexican restaurant on 4th street”
Review of Carboncitos

Carboncitos
Ranked #52 of 1,426 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Description: ****** We Do Not Accept Credit Cards ******Carboncitos serves authentic Mexican, Mayan, Charcoal Grilled Steaks & Seafood at an attractive price. Be it breakfast, lunch, happy hour, or dinner; it's the consistently delicious meals served that keeps guests returning again and again.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We ate here twice! Good quality tasty, delicious Mexican food at good value prices! This hidden gem in PDC deserves to be in top 10 of Trip Advisor and has our full recommendation.

HotelCielo, Owner at Carboncitos, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you Herts Mickey for taking the time to write your review.

We really appreciate the kind words & we are delighted that you really enjoyed yourselves.

Just the fact that you decided to eat with us yet again lets us know we are headed in the right direction & thank you for the top 10 comment ......in due time.

Herts, we know there are many restaurants in Playa del Carmen so thank you for choosing Carboncitos
Steven Krisztin

Write a ReviewReviews (2,607)

Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Really tasty and mixed food with a great staff serving it. Had a Parrilla for 2 and it had meat, shimrps, chicken, pork, pastor, chile poblano, nopales, mushrooms, frijoles charros, rice, guacamole and tortillas. Plus a couple soups where you pour part of the rice in and wow! Try stopping by if you want a nice Mexican dinner.

Thank you Raul for taking the time to write your review.

We see you traveled a great distance for your vacation & we are proud to be a great partof your journey.

Thank you for the kind words, we really appreciate it & we are delighted that you really enjoyed our Parrila, its one way to cover all the food groups at once...LOL

Raul, we know there are many restaurants in Playa del Carmen so thank you for choosing Carboncitos

Reviewed October 8, 2013

After reading all the reviews on here, we had to give this place a try. SO glad we did. The service was outstanding and the food even better. My husband had the tacos al pastor and I had the shrimp quesadillas. The portions were huge and the prices were very inexpensive for all you get. I would definitely recommend and will be returning when we get back to Playa!

Thank you Nixmomntx for taking the time to write your review.

Yummy !!!! Yeah, we like that & thanks for noticing.

We are delighted that you both enjoyed yourselves & that you had a great dining experience.

Nixmomntx, we know there are many restaurants in Playa del Carmen so thank you for choosing Carboncitos & we are looking forward to when you return

Reviewed October 8, 2013

It's rare in a town like this not to have at least one bad experience at a restaurant. With that said, we ate breakfast three days in a row at Carboncitos and it was great. Unfortunately we have not had dinner there, the menu for it looked amazing. We stayed in the hotel next door and I saw some people at night having their dinner cooked next to the table and also some flambé coffee drinks were being prepared. Anyway, it's on our list to try for dinner next time. We would have had lunch there but were too full from breakfast! Great coffee, breakfast burritos and very fresh fruit plates. All good :-)

Thank you Wetwendys for taking the time to write your review.

Just the fact that you decided to eat breakfast with us 3 times lets us know we are headed in the right direction & now you will just have to return for Dinner !!!

Wetwendys, we know there are many restaurants in Playa del Carmen so thank you for choosing Carboncitos

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I couldn't wait to try the food while after reading all of the rave reviews. I'm actually embarrassed to say that throughout during my entire trip in Playa del Carmen, I ate almost every meal at this restaurant.

The menu is extensive and well rounded, covering any kind of craving your taste buds may experience (a fusion of mexican, american and italian). The slow roasted pork was one of my favorite dinner dishes and was crafted with a burst of flavors. If you happen to be staying at their hotel upstairs (Hotel Cielo), DO NOT MISS BREAKFAST. Although I enjoy the authenticity of their mexican cuisine, I am a sucker for an american breakfast. Their Brooklyn style option was better than anything I've tasted back home and the fluffy pancakes were out of this world. If you're looking for something light - the croissants offered are heavenly.

The staff was extremely friendly and entertaining. They consistently ensured I had an excellent experience throughout every meal here (and there were a lot!)

Can't wait to come back for more!!

Thank you SJS for taking the time to write your review.

Well we love the fact that you decided to dine with us so many times, it just re assures us we are on the right path & our reward is having you return !!!

I live down here full time & its my love of NY that compelled us to put the Brooklyn on the menu.....Plus the fact that I really missed my american breakfast ....yes with fluffy pancakes :)

SJS, we know there are many restaurants in Playa del Carmen so thank you for choosing Carboncitos