“right off 5th Ave.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Carboncitos

Carboncitos
Ranked #35 of 1,242 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: ****** We Do Not Accept Credit Cards ******Carboncitos serves authentic Mexican, Mayan, Charcoal Grilled Steaks & Seafood at an attractive price. Be it breakfast, lunch, happy hour, or dinner; it's the consistently delicious meals served that keeps guests returning again and again.
Clinton, New Jersey
“right off 5th Ave.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

This was our 2nd visit and will be back again. They have an extensive authentic Mexican menu which has something for everyone. We had 3 different entrées and they were all good. The prices are good too. Can't come to Mexico without trying the Margarita's.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank bph19

• Czech first
  • Polish first
Kansas
“Two more visits this trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stumbled in during Happy Hour which produced a great deal on tacos al pastor whcih were VERY good. They were out of al pastor on my second visit so I had arrechera and it was quite good as well. Best guacamole of my trip was discovered here as well and the chips with various sauces is terrific.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank RastamanInKansas
Floyds Knobs, Indiana
“Tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

We always walk into town to eat here. I hate that they don't take credit cards though but the food is fantastic!

Visited October 2012
Austin, Texas
“Excellent food, service and price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

My husband and I have been going to Playa for 10+ years and I cannot believe we never knew about Carboncitos. We went for an early dinner and it was happy hour, which was a plus. We got a bucket of beers (6 Sols), chips salsas (pumpkin was the best) and tacos el pastor to start. They were great! We had 2 entrees, chipotle shrimp and a chicken w/peppers - both were outstanding. Refugio was our waiter and he was attentive, friendly and was very knowledgeable with regard to the menu. He topped off our meal with a shot of tequila each. All of this was $33!
There are a lot of TripAdvisor stickers popping up all over the 5th Ave. area. I'm not sure if they're all legit or not, but trust this one. We'll be going back for sure.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Colette221
Blainville, Canada
“Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

My family and I visited twice during our 2 week stay in Playa, really good food for the price. Family of 4, Margueritas, bucket of beer and the food. I had a hard time spending $50.00.

Cheers