“Our First Stop”

Yaxche Maya Cuisine
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Yaxche (pronounced jag-shey) Maya cuisine restaurant is located in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. We serve the Maya culinary art in a unique style. Dining at Yaxche will be a quest into the Mayan World where you will find the flavors of the region in a unique environment that combines both ancient and cosmopolitan elements..
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We love this place! It's our go-to place the first night we get into Playa. Perfectly located on 5th Ave, this restaurant has some amazing Mayan dishes worth returning for!

Reviewed October 31, 2013

We have dined at Yaxche several times on our visits to Playa del Carmen. It gets better every time! We first visited their previous location, which was quite a bit smaller. Their new location is very nice, the food is very good, and the service is phenomenal. I had a very interesting Mayan-Style Stuffed Grouper, which was delicious and a wonderful combination of interesting textures and flavors. Their menu is grouped into different flavor sensations and is exciting to try all of their inventive dishes. Food is delicious, service is polished and professional and top-notch.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I had our wedding anniversary dinner here and it was great all around! Wonderful service, authentic Mayan cuisine and beautiful ambiance.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have been here twice on two separate visits to Playa del Carmen and each time it was fantastic! This most recent trip, Yaxche made my day as the food at the resort where we were staying was sub-par. To be able to go to Yaxche and have an awesome meal, served by wonderful people made the trip for me! Thank you again for an amazing experience, when I am back in Playa, I will definitely come again!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Ate here twice and absolutely loved it both times. Very attentive service, excellent quality food, and it was lick-your-plate goodness. I loved trying the genuine local Mayan dishes and after several days of the buffet at my resort, it was rejuvenating to eat such fresh and healthy food. As for the photographer, he was very low pressure and we purchased a $30 souvenir photo & frame....a little pricey, but I re-live my meal every time I look at it.