“Very good meat, perfectly cooked”
Review of The Glass Bar - CLOSED

The Glass Bar
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Esquina Calle 12
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“Very good meat, perfectly cooked”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I went there on my birthday with a friend and we ordered a cheese tray as a starter and well, there's not much you can say about a cheese, but they had an exquisit onion jam and the tomatillo jam was also very tasty. Then we both ordered a steak, mine was vacío argentino and something that I really pay attention to is the cooking of the meat. I asked for a medium term (I hate when they bring it under or overcooked in a restaurant) and it was perfect!
At that point I was already full, it's a generous ammount of meat and I was trying to finish it, but I couldn't, I had to save a place for dessert. So I asked for a warm chocolate cake with ice cream and it was absolutely delicious, and my friend asked for a semifreddo and was very tasty aswell.
In general: it's located in a great spot, the staff was soo friendly, the food is good (I'm not gonna say that was absolutely the best meal I've ever had in my life, but it's very very decent), it IS expensive, but I would definitely recommend it and go back.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Andrea F

Auckland, New Zealand
“True Fine Dining in Playa del Carmen”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Dined at this establishment for dinner & had the most enjoyable meal of our holiday in Playa.
We were extended a wine tasting while our table was prepared. Complimentary tasting entree to begin. All meals were divine & portion size perfect. Wine & liquor lists very extensive & quite reasonably priced. The staff were extremely attentive- the service was top notch & made the experience memorable.
Highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for a fine meal out.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Amber Y
yucatan peninsula, mexico
“The first great wine bar in the Yucatan!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had already had dinner....and wanted to just sit in a nice atmosphere with a good glass of wine. That is not easy in this area. Most places sell beer and margaritas...but no decent wines. This is a super cool place....friendly atmosphere....and a place I will definitely come back to. I live over in Cozumel and we have nothing like this. It's a must for the wine lovers visiting Playa Del Carmen!!!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank elicoz
Edgewater, New Jersey
“Outdoor Dining with Outstanding Wine Menu and Fabulous Homemade Pastas”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Right in the heart of Fifth Avenue with gorgeous outdoor seating, the restaurant takes its inspiration from the regional cuisines of Italy. Rough brick walls, wooden floors, and chalkboards inscribed with the daily specials lend a Continental flavor, as do house-made breads and pastas, including gnocchi and spaghetti with mussels and clams. We were greeted with a complimentary glass of wine, and got to choose from an amazing wine menu for our meal. The desserts here are said to be the best in Playa, especially the bitter chocolate cake with homemade ice cream.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank EndlssSummer
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous food better than Blue Lobster”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Ate 2 course meal here with drinks & complimentary appetiser plus post dinner biscuits

Food & staff were amazing shrimp starter is gorgeous as are the scallops

We had lasagne & pork tenderloin was hot fresh & very tasty. Didn't need to book & the place is immaculate throughout.

Definitely worth a visit if your a fan if great food.

• Visited May 2013